Advice Needed

Trapper77

2003 Owner
Reaction score
So I am looking at doing some exhaust upgrades and tossing around a couple of ideas. On one hand, I can get an AFE cat delete pipe for about $50 and then get a muffler delete pipe for about $80 bucks and have an open exhaust that I can still put the cat or muffler in if I don't like it. My other option is an MBRP with cat and muffler delete pipes and I am looking at upwards of $500 for the 409 system. I don't have a tuner, I tow a large load a couple of times a year. Just wondering if I will be throwing money away with the cheap route. Am I going to want to upgrade later? I want to make sure I can reinstall the cat and muffler if I choose so I am not really interested in the full offroad systems. Is there going to be that much of a difference between these two systems to warrant the extra cash? I would love to go with the 304 system but I have a lot of other hobbies that take mucho cash and the wife has a problem with dropping that kind of coin on something that is already functional.

Give me your $.02 Thanks in advance

Trapper

lvtitan

prototype
Reaction score
go with MBRP you wont be disappointed. if you do add a tuner later, you'll be set already. stock exhaust has too much backpressure and keeps egt's high. my truck ran way better with an exhaust even before i chipped it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim