Question advice on wastegate

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Been away...we moved. My truck is still in Kentucky and my buddy's Dodge is in my driveway. This is embarrassing and too long a story to go into today. But I write seeking advice.

The turbo needs to be pulled (again). While it is out...should I replace the stock wastegate actuator and / or the turbo wheel? If yes, with what? I imagine I'll get wicked wheel advice, but what about actuators such as the Banks Big Head, or the TurboMaster wastegate controller from DieselSite, for example?

Thanks!

wheelhopper

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Why do you keep having turbo issues? I have the same year truck with 109K miles and never had a problem with it.

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why do you keep having turbo issues? I have the same year truck with 109K miles and never had a problem with it.

Actually, I'm dealing long distance with several problems that arose from a 4" downpipe and exhaust install. The shop that did it removed the turbo pedestal and lost an o-ring, originally. That's been replaced (twice, they didn't do something right the first time) by a Ford dealer. Now there is a drip of oil coming from the pedestal where the exhaust backpressure linkage penetrates the pedestal (I think); Banks suggested removing and tapping a plug. Ford says I need to replace the pedestal (yeah, right). So the turbo has to be removed if I wanna eliminate the leak... make sense? :dizzy

dpantazis

Reaction score
replace the pedastal. i think that the EBPV is a good thing and worth keeping.

if its been off as that many times, it may just be beat up and can;t seal well.

when its home, if you want a good shop, go see peter b's in urbana. peter owns and runs psd's

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
update: New pedestal w/o the EBPV linkage and a waste gate actuator, from Diesel Site enroute this week I hope. Nobody have opinions on the WGA?

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been beating my head over a WGA because the stock one will just not hold pressure anymore. Let us know how the one from the Dieselsite works for you. Have been saving pennies so that I can hopefully pick one up soon. Heard many good things about them.

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check out the turbomaster at dieselsite.

Yes, I should update this thread... I'm waiting on the turbomaster from DieselSite, and it's been backordered. It shipped sometime last week. I'm also getting a new pedestal w/o the ebpv linkage (I decided to get rid of it and now I'll be shopping for a high idle controller, I wish I had read the fine print on the Banks 4" downpipe)

Maybe, just maybe, we'll swap rigs tomorrow in W KY while visiting a farm and I'll get the parts on here at my new digs...and take a visit to PeterBs per Dennis' suggestion.

6 weeks is too long to not have my truck!!:dizzy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58