AEM ProGuard 7 OE Replacement filter

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
Is anyone running one of these? I want to improve the air flow and spool up of the turbo but dont want to spend the money on a full blown intake. I am going to do a MBRP 4in turbo back off road exhaust with their muffler delete pipe for a straight pipe all the way back. I will eventualy tune the truck but not until the head gaskets puke and I can replace the head bolts with the ARP stud kit.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
if it was me and specially on the new turbo - i would stick w/ stock.... most say you can't beat it...

my 2c

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Stick with stock until you get to over 500 HP. The stock is tops as far as filtration goes. The air flow gets limited when you are pulling 500 horses or more. Don't listen to all of the BS from the Marketing types.

Dave

jpringle83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an AEM brute force intake and it works great best part is you don't have to oil it it filters almost as efficiently brand new as the stock filter and lasts longer than all the others I went almost 40k before I cleaned it. It will definitely allow the turbo to spool faster. I'm not sure about the replacement filter but my intake made my turbo louder.

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
I feel the the stock intake is just great, my filter has been on for more then 2 years and no noticable dirt in the filter. I checked it last week and removed 2 flies from the filter. I have a Zoodad cut in the front of my frame and I did the hole behind the left grill bar of my truck. In my former GM diesels I had to change filters at every oil change, so I went to K&N and cleaned them off. I think its the location that is great. I do have to drive on 80 Miles of dirt road to get to my town here in the north of Manitoba.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14