Aero Turbine???

shhorn68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked to a muffler shop about changing my 6.0L's exhaust and he suggested removing the muffler and adding a unit he called the Aero Turbine. He said he had installed one in his brother-in-law's Dodge and it increased the mileage and lowered EGTs. The cost is significantly cheaper than whole exhaust systems.

So I pose this question to my fellow Superduty owners...have any of you guys ever heard of this or used this on your trucks? If so did it perform the way you expected?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had one on my 7.3 for about 90K now, if it ever burns out, I'll replace it.

I can't say it lowered my EGT's by X degrees, but it helps the EGT's from building As Fast.... while towing.. pulling hills.

MPG increase (?), I can't say/Don't remember. They didn't go down though.

Installing an AeroTurbine, vise a 4" exhaust ? The OEM exhaust has a lota crush bends :dunno (along with that G.I. Can muffler)

Yer call on that one.

Joe

JRJ04

Reaction score
are there different maunfacturers of the Aero Turbine or only 1? I'd love to rip my muffler out of there and put one of those or a straight pipe in.:sly

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are there different maunfacturers of the Aero Turbine or only 1? I'd love to rip my muffler out of there and put one of those or a straight pipe in.:sly

"Aero Turbin" is a brand name.. but I think there are others out there, of similar design/concept. Kinda works like an Extractor does, on a 2 stroke.... reduces the harmonics.. for a more laminar (smoother) exhaust flow.

Needs to be installed as close to the bottom end of the down pipe as possible.

On my 2K I installed it On the end of the DP.. then strait (no S bend) into & out of.. a Magna Flow..... Makes for a Nice, Deep, Throaty sound... with Very little turbo "Chuff".

All Stainless, No seams, all welded.. I like it.

Joe

2005superstroke

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
while we're on the topic of exhaust, i have a quick question... i went to my local shop the other day to ask the guy about exhausts, prices, etc. he suggested installing a single line instead of dual lines. he claims that every dual system he installs winds up breaking the hangers at some point or another. he claims that even with extra hangers the dual lines break. i think he's full of $%@# personally, i think he just can't install em right... anyone else know if he's telling the truth or not???

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
while we're on the topic of exhaust, i have a quick question... i went to my local shop the other day to ask the guy about exhausts, prices, etc. he suggested installing a single line instead of dual lines. he claims that every dual system he installs winds up breaking the hangers at some point or another. he claims that even with extra hangers the dual lines break. i think he's full of $%@# personally, i think he just can't install em right... anyone else know if he's telling the truth or not???

I'm think'n it's not so much him telling the truth or not... as it Is.. his personal, or professional "Opinion" maybe ?

:dunno

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14