AFE replacement filter

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got my new afe filter from DPPI:sweet but, i'm not sure how it goes in. the guy at DPPI said to hollow out my stock housing???maybe i'm just not getting it...anybody know how i need to do this...mark...:confused:

thanks in advance:hail

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you got the AFE stage 1?

If so, remove the top of the factory air box, like you were going to change the air fliter, the new AFE "box" should drop in... I think there are two tabs on the AFE metal box that you have to push in. Then connect the air intake tube to the new AFE box. Install the rubber seal to the top of the box if you havent done that already. Close hood and your done...

If its a Stage two... You need to remove everything related to the factory air box... But I think we are talking about the stage 1

Mark Craig

Advertising Sponsor
Reaction score
DragonSlayer,

I didn't see you last name to see what you got by checking our records, but by your description I bet you got the filter that reuses the stock plastic housing. The stock plastic filter media needs to be removed from the plastic housing. It's glued in on one end and you just need to cut the glue and start pulling the media out of the housing. Get it all out, clean up any excess left over glue and insert the new AFE into the housing and reinstall in the truck!!

Mark @ DPPI

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
duh... 6.slow... didnt notice that at 11 pm last night... LOL

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mark, last name is Kercher. thanks for the reply, i'll try tomorrow to get in in the truck and let you know how it went.

and CSIPSD it is a 6.slow...but not for long:hail :p

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DragonSlayer said:
Mark, last name is Kercher. thanks for the reply, i'll try tomorrow to get in in the truck and let you know how it went.

and CSIPSD it is a 6.slow...but not for long:hail :p

:roflmao :sweet

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry this took so long to reply, but after following your intructions it fit PERFECT:thumbs i like it, got a little more turbo whine to boot;) thanks again fo the info.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14