AFE Stage 2 kit and Check Engine Light

mhale

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My best advice is to do what I'm doing right now...that is to play the waiting game. Be patient, and wait for the after market to get up to speed with the new trucks. Disregard manufacturers claims for the most part, and listen to guys who have actually installed the parts on their rig. That way, you'll get the straight answers you're looking for without all the bull. If you try to go out and snap up every new gadget and widget that comes along, you'll only end up wasting time and money on parts that weren't designed to work together. Plus, you'll probably end up regretting your purchase, and you'll wish you had just waited in the first place.

Thanks a lot for your input. That makes a lot of sense. I was starting to get impatient. That sounds like a good idea to wait a while. Oh yeah, thanks a lot for helping protecting our country and our freedom to our way of life. My hat is off to all of you in the military.

guntecf450

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
your not the only one

Hello all

I have 2008 F450 on saturday i put a stage 2 AFI also and I got engine light that was on for a day or so then went out and came back yesterday.
I dont know whats up but I dont like it, today I installed 4inch MPRB stainless twin exhaust the truck sounds nice and the light is still on. I dont want to go to the dealer unless I know whats up, I am thinking to go out in the morning and pick up a SCT programmer for the 6.4 I read that it can read codes and clear them plus get a little extra kick

any thoughts please advise

David

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is yours a job1? Reason i ask is a buddy of mine has a job 3 and has an AFE on it and no check engine light...

Last edited:

jawalt

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just swapped out the AFE intake I had with the Banks intake and the check engine light turned off in about an hour.

If anyone is interested im now selling a Stage 2 AFE Dry S kit :)

-James

johnkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds stupid but what about running a banks intake with an rbp eliminator programmer , it seems to be the only intake giving no hassle correct me if im wrong

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58