AFE stage 2 question

PSD POWER007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't gotten the code yet. No one's scanner will sync with my ECU. I'm trying to explore every option before I get the code read at the dealer. Mileage seems the same with or without the light on. And power seems the same also. Light annoys me and I worry that it will throw something else off down the line. Any thoughts now?
Thanks!
JohnBoyToo said:
Something is sensing an out of range value "somewhere"...
what code are you getting ? Did I miss that ?

Don't know if you want to isolate it,
but I would document the conditions when it comes on - mileage/load/speed/etc...
so you have a baseline ...
then if it is repeatable, pull the afe and see if the same conditions trigger it - if not, then it IS the AFE...

But my $.00002 ?
The stock filter does not raise Ford's concerns if a warranty problem happens, filters well, and last a LONG, LONG time, so that is my filter of choice :)

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wonder if the rumor I heard about checking for codes with the instrument panel lights works ---
let me look for that writeup and I'll post it if no one else has it handy...

know anyone with a programmer ? most nowdays can read codes..

PSD POWER007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JohnBoyToo said:
Wonder if the rumor I heard about checking for codes with the instrument panel lights works ---
let me look for that writeup and I'll post it if no one else has it handy...

know anyone with a programmer ? most nowdays can read codes..
That would be great thanks!

PSD POWER007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put my stock intake back on. Strangely, I no longer have a CEL anymore. WOW!! What is going on with the stage 2 on SOME 05's? And I would have to be one of them. :dunno

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Isn't there a check filter sensor on the AFE stage II kits or does it have to be moved over from the stock unit?

I'm still a newbie in a sense with the 6.0L's ;) :)

Did your engine start to behave in a negative manner when the stage II was installed?

PSD POWER007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
Isn't there a check filter sensor on the AFE stage II kits or does it have to be moved over from the stock unit?

I'm still a newbie in a sense with the 6.0L's ;) :)

Did your engine start to behave in a negative manner when the stage II was installed?
the check filter sensor moves from the stock box to the stage 2 tube, right next to the MAF sensor. My truck ran fine while the light was on, seemed just a little sluggish while towing. While the light wasn't on, the trucks low end power feels awesome. I wish I could figure this thing out. I love this intake.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Maybe the MAF is getting a false reading? I've had that with 5.0L Mustangs in the past.

PSD POWER007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
Maybe the MAF is getting a false reading? I've had that with 5.0L Mustangs in the past.
I haven't found anyone to read the code for me yet. I've read that MAF readings were off from stock with this intake. And I've also read where one guy's code was "excessive EGR flow". All of which should have been taken care of by AFE's R&D department IMO.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I'm curious if it'll take a larger MAF sensor to make up for the larger intake system?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14