Aftermarket flywheels

copracr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just pulled the trans and found an aftermarket flywheel. are they all the same and interchangeable?

This one is worn down to the rivets, but i think the flywheel is resurface-able. have a factory set i'm putting in for now, but i was gonna hold on to this one if it's useful. Thanks guys

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
how do you know it's aftermarket?
If you were looking for a dual mass, they quit using those right around that time..

copracr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how do you know it's aftermarket?
If you were looking for a dual mass, they quit using those right around that time..

the parts dont have a ford oval or PN on them, the clutch disc has seven springs, the lever has been replaced with an improved version, the clutch disc has 4 "arms" instead of the usual ring of discs.

I assumed this was an aftermarket set, but if it might be stock i could post some pics.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
sounds like a Borg & Beck.. yeah, definitely aftermarket..
they flywheel may not be..
they quit using dual mass flywheels because they kept having problems with them..

copracr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On closer inspection, the flywheel is a factory unit. are these worth anything to sell or keep as a spare?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
If it is a dual mass flywheel, throw it out. They are not worth the time to fuss with. A good single mass (standard flywheel) flywheel is worth keeping.

Dave

copracr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here is a pic of the clutch i pulled. does it seem right that the clutch material only contacted half the disc? its the same way on the flywheel

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14