Aftermarket hoods

stephenmsweigart

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Can anyone make a suggestion for purchasing a new aftermarket hood. I have 2006 f350 sd and would like to purchase a new hood with scoops. I have been told that some of the fiberglass hoods will result in cooking the paint due to engine heat.....anybody have any info or experience with hoods

thanks
steve

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Stick with name brands. There are ALOT of cheap chinese companies that sell hoods cheap. You get what you paid for. I'd get one from good companies like cervinis. I dont know if harwood or good hood makes one for our superduties. I'd get a steel hood since they are better usually. I've bought many fiberglass hoods from diff companies. The finish usually isnt that great but you have to paint them anyways. LMC truck carries aftermarket steel hoods too. Or you can just buy some stick on hood scoops. Get the same outcome as in buying a full hood. Or just graft one onto yours. I grafted a HUGE pro stock hood scoop on my fiberglass hood on my 68 cougar and it turned out great. That baby aint comin off haha.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58