Aftermarket LED Clearance Lights

jpxj94

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I did this cool clearance light mod last night after I read this. It works perfectly. I just got the little crimp spllicers and found my left and right turn signal wires under the dash. Run those wires up to your left and right clearance lights and cut the ground and attach your left signal wire to the ground wire going into the clearance light. same for the right side. now that I have done it I could do it again in 30 minutes or less, Very easy.

orion_134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it a PITA to install these lights on a truck that doesn't have them? Not the wiring, but the actual install...I heard they are hard to seal... Any tips?
Jesse

White Buffalo

TDP Pit crew
Reaction score
jpxj94 said:
I did this cool clearance light mod last night after I read this. It works perfectly. I just got the little crimp spllicers and found my left and right turn signal wires under the dash. Run those wires up to your left and right clearance lights and cut the ground and attach your left signal wire to the ground wire going into the clearance light. same for the right side. now that I have done it I could do it again in 30 minutes or less, Very easy.

Thanks for the tip man, got it done today. You were right - would have taken no time if I could have found the damn wires quicker under the dash...:thumbs

White Buffalo

TDP Pit crew
Reaction score
orion_134 said:
Is it a PITA to install these lights on a truck that doesn't have them? Not the wiring, but the actual install...I heard they are hard to seal... Any tips?
Jesse

I can't believe I'm going to recommend the dealer (stealer) on this one. But when I bought my F250 they charged about $150 for the kit and $250 to install it. Figured it wasn't a bad price at the time. If you want to save the extra cash I would just use some silicone when you mount the lights - I havn't had any leaks (yet:cool: !) I think the hardest part is just getting the template lined up so the lights come out evenly spaced.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I have done four trucks with the clearance lights and none have ever leaked. I did not use silicone, just the factory gaskets.

Dave

jpxj94

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thats cool I am glad you got it done... Just for clear things up I already had factory clearance lights and I wired them to blink with my turn signals. That is what I was explaining how to do.

orion_134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
White Buffalo said:
I can't believe I'm going to recommend the dealer (stealer) on this one. But when I bought my F250 they charged about $150 for the kit and $250 to install it. Figured it wasn't a bad price at the time. If you want to save the extra cash I would just use some silicone when you mount the lights - I havn't had any leaks (yet:cool: !) I think the hardest part is just getting the template lined up so the lights come out evenly spaced.

An additional 250 to install or 250 total?

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
I did mine last year and Antonio's this summer. The install is very easy, just take your time. We squirted silicone onto the holes we drilled for the wires and for the screws just to ensure no leaks. Better safe than sorry. We did not use any template but instead just eyeballed and measured many times. I wish we had thought about the blinkers but oh well. Our lights were self-grounding anyway. Dont waste money on the dealer. MIne cost about $40 from start to finish.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14