Question aftermarket stock bumper.. value?

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
Hello, I am looking for a replacement bumper chrome for my 99'.

I found that the stocker is like 460 and the ebay special is only 240. Does anyone have any experience with this aftermarket one??? does it fit right or is it much thinner material and what not??

please help I think if this is a good replacement I will be picking this up on Monday.;tu;tu

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know about the aftermarket ones but I recently sold a mint used bumper with plastic, fog lights, and mounts for $500 Canadian. The guy that purchased it was very happy and thought it was a great deal. Aparently the 99-04 superduty bumpers are extremely hard to find around here so he said.

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
here too. once a junk yard gets a superduty its completely gutted in less than a week.
busted up bumper (just the chrome part) still go for about 125:dizzy

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
No

this thing is junk!!! $230 of junk.

no way will this bumper not rust to death before this winter is over.

the chrome is super wavy.

the material is super thin so im sure if I hit anything again I will not have any protection for my intercooler anymore.

at the bends on either side they do not match up with the front plastic and one side is bent in too far (possibly from shipping due to how thin it is)

I am broke now due to the season so this was the best I could do. I tryed dealing with the junk yards for about two weeks looking for a used one, but it seems that parts for this truck are next to gold and thell ask what ever they want (junk yard people are ignorant jerks anyway), after shipping costs it was this new aftermarket one or a new one at my dealer. just FYI

:rant:rant:rant:rant:rant

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58