AHHHHHH LSD in a ULSD Engine

f_250pstroke02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My fault for not paying attention but the stickers stating what ppm diesel the pumps had were the same colors :confused: and

I put half a tank of LSD in my new 08 Duramax before I realized what it was. Of course the lady behind the counter had no clue what I was talking about when I asked her if they had any ULSD. Eventually I found a ULSD pump all by its lonesome with no signage around the side of the Pilot and capped her off with the right stuff. I only got about 250 miles out of that tank but no other problems as of yet. Here's hoping the DPF doesn't kick the bucket.

I would think that each different type of diesel would have its own specific sticker color but I guess that's what I get for thinking.

Sawboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I can run the LSD in my 07 F-350. But then again I don't have a PDF. Did you call a dealer and ask? I wonder if it hurts?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I have heard of some horror stories in certain parts of TX that has yet to get ULSD in and somebodies Dodge got some LSD, messed the engine up and Dodge say NA NA and voided the warranty.

f_250pstroke02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM says that running anything but B5 or ULSD will plug the DPF, cause engine shutdown and "may void the warranty". I'm sure there there is a tolerance built in that allows for a mistake or two. Here's hoping.

Note: This GMC is my work truck. I'm still a faithful SDD member.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
I'm sure there there is a tolerance built in that allows for a mistake or two.

there is! i think you will be fine. i would keep diluting it with the ulsd for a few 10 gallons at a time as you drive it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14