AIC for Econoline vs Excursion???

CHPMustang

Reaction score
ForumBlue said:
Will the AIC wireing for the Econoline kit hook up in an Excursion? If not, how hard would it be to make it work?
I'm pretty sure the wiring on the E series AIC's are the same as the Superduties.
I know the Excursions do not have the AIC plug that is commonly found on Superduties so you'll have to hack and tap to get her wired in.

Another option is the DIY AIC and most if not all parts are available at your local Rat Shack for under 20 bucks,I may even tackle that mod

It's Budro's fault :D

Bill

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
I'm pretty sure the wiring on the E series AIC's are the same as the Superduties.
I know the Excursions do not have the AIC plug that is commonly found on Superduties so you'll have to hack and tap to get her wired in.

Another option is the DIY AIC and most if not all parts are available at your local Rat Shack for under 20 bucks,I may even tackle that mod
It's Budro's fault :D

Bill
I'm interested, please tell me more.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
ForumBlue said:
I'm interested, please tell me more.
It's just a matter of obtaining a couple 5k ohm potentiometers,a single pole double throw switch,about 12' of 4 color 16 gauge wire,electrical tape and shrink wrap.

Additional tools needed would be a multimeter.

I'll do the mod this weekend barring any honey-do's ;)

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
It's just a matter of obtaining a couple 5k ohm potentiometers,a single pole double throw switch,about 12' of 4 color 16 gauge wire,electrical tape and shrink wrap.

Additional tools needed would be a multimeter.

I'll do the mod this weekend barring any honey-do's ;)
Sounds good to me. Maybe you could do a, how-to, article for the DIY section. And remember pictures are always helpful. :sweet

CHPMustang

Reaction score
ForumBlue said:
Sounds good to me. Maybe you could do a, how-to, article for the DIY section. And remember pictures are always helpful. :sweet
Another good DIY for the wiki in the works!

BlueRidgeRunner

Ford Parts Guy
Reaction score
The part #s for the Econoline and Superdutys are different. I don't think they are interchangable. There is not one listed for an Excursion however I would bet that a F250-550 one will work.

Superduty 1999-2003 7.3 models only.
XC3Z-12B641-BA WITHOUT LCD DISPLAY
XC3Z-12B641-AA WITH LCD DISPLAY

CHPMustang

Reaction score
BlueRidgeRunner said:
The part #s for the Econoline and Superdutys are different. I don't think they are interchangable. There is not one listed for an Excursion however I would bet that a F250-550 one will work.
Most of the X owners have been using the SuperDuty AIC part and works just fine,I'm just tapped for fundage to acquire one for our ride to show off :doh:

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I never did get by Rad Chek for the parts but I'll give it another wing this week for sure! ;tu

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14