aih delete

big bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a good question I am sure somebody that has done the mod will reply.* But from my understanding once you do the mod you won't have high idle anymore.* That is what I have heard but somebody that has done the mod may say different.
well o1, it hasn't idle up at all and we have had some pretty cold mornings here, how about 5 above. i took the cable instead of removing it completely i just tape it up and tuck it out of the way. i wonder if this has anything to with the idle?:rant give me a shout if u can shed any light on this. any info would be greatly aprreciated. thanks

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
:dunno I still have high Idle after 7 years of no AIH. it just comes on/up a bit slower, like 30 to 60 seconds after start-up ?

Remember.. there are several sensors that have to do with the High Idle circuit.. Oil, Coolant and Ambient air temp and the like.

Next time you start it up when it's cold-cold.. give it a minute, I'd betcha it'll idle up.

I didnt think the AIH was in the high idle strategy at all is it?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didnt think the AIH was in the high idle strategy at all is it?

Good Tech type question Mike.

I may have over-stepped my Shade-geneering quals.. but it just makes common sense to me that if Oil, Coolant and Ambient Air temp sensors provide inputs to the PCM as to whether the Cold Start functions like the EBPV, AIH and High Idle would or should Activate ? And Eliminate one or more of those functions ? And still have High Idle ? Like in my case.... My EBPV is switch controlled, the AIH is gone... Yet I still have High Idle ? (albeit slower to come on-line)

Hence, my thinking and my Post.

Made sense to me :dunno

Maybe one of the Ford Techs can Jump In ??? Admittedly, I know Squat about the PCM Strategy or Logic.

I just know what (still) works...:lmao:lmao

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Yeah Joe, I'm not 100% positive on what inputs trigger the high idle. My pea brain says its EOT, Coolant temp and IAT.... those three inputs should trigger the AIH, EBPV and AIH to come on. If the AIH is missing (deleted) then I wouldnt think it would prevent the other outputs from firing (EBPV and high idle)?

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gents, I just did the AIH delete and gutted my EBV too. My high idle still works as it used to. Not high enough to keep the engine warm I noticed the other day...it was about 20F and I let it idel 1/2 hour while in the bank, engine actually cooled down a bit.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
My high idle still works as it used to. Not high enough to keep the engine warm I noticed the other day...it was about 20F and I let it idel 1/2 hour while in the bank, engine actually cooled down a bit.

My guess is that is due to the gutted EBPV.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guess is that is due to the gutted EBPV.

Yah Know ? That's an additional nicety of a switch controlled EBPV. Not only is it a Brake (of sorts) for going down hills with the 5r on the back.... I can use (at my discretion) for start up/warm ups, and also can use it (at my discretion) for keeping things warm while idling in the cold. I Rike switches.

I'm in the R&D stages of doing the same thing with the #30 fuse blowing, at the WORST time, WORST place*, Fuel Heater element thingy.

Is that thingy "Hot" all the time ? Or just during the Cold Start cycles ?

Joe

* like JLD went through in a current Post.

Last edited:

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
good question.... i think it wouldn't need to stay on since being on the top of the motor the heat from the motor keeps the fuel warm. so id say just during the GP cycle.

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yah Know ? That's an additional nicety of a switch controlled EBPV. Not only is it a Brake (of sorts) for going down hills with the 5r on the back.... I can use (at my discretion) for start up/warm ups, and also can use it (at my discretion) for keeping things warm while idling in the cold.

amen. I was sorely peeved to lose the EBPV with my 4" Banks downpipe. I wouldn't have done it if I had known...buyer beware! Anyhow, my point was that high idle works fine with the AIH deleted.

Now I'm going to be sure to get a higher idle setting when I get around to a chip. Think that'll cure the cold weather idle cool-down????

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14