Air Box & Injectors

BWard

Auctioneer
Reaction score
I see that people do all sorts of different intake mods. has anyone just taken off the airbox top? did it make any difference? I am running a K&N Filter in original box.
Also can you put in a chip or other computer mods with the stock injectors or should you put in aftermarket injectors before I install a chip?

Thanks to you all
I now have the Fix my truck up bug!!!:thumbs

Brian
2001 F-350 4x4 Lariat CC LWB Soon to have BTS trans

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
BWard said:
I see that people do all sorts of different intake mods. has anyone just taken off the airbox top? did it make any difference? I am running a K&N Filter in original box.
Also can you put in a chip or other computer mods with the stock injectors or should you put in aftermarket injectors before I install a chip?

Thanks to you all
I now have the Fix my truck up bug!!!:thumbs

Brian
2001 F-350 4x4 Lariat CC LWB Soon to have BTS trans

Besides the top, what else is holding the element in the box? I'd think it'd pop out or dislodge pretty easily. :2c

Powersmokin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah id have to agree with tex that filter would have to pop our or come loose somehow. id just leave the lid on it since u already have the k and n filter in it. as to the injectors u do not need to upgrade to run your basic programer or chip. If you are just goin to be runnin a juice or a basic SCT like that they arent necessary. injectors are for big horsepower applications. if you feel the need to get injectors get a SCT because they can make a custom program to what your truck has on it (exhaust, intake, injectors etc).

BWard

Auctioneer
Reaction score
I cannot remember what is holding the box right now. My truck is at a dealership waiting for the BTS Trans. When I see it next time I will look.
I am trying to think of some upgrades for my truck (that will not cost me a fortune)now that I am getting the new trans from BTS.

Thanks,
Brian

2001 F-350 Lariat CC 4x4 LWB SRW soon to be BTS trans plus who knows?

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Brian,

To answer some of your questions.......

No, you dont have to upgrade to larger injectors to realize benefits from a chip. The stock PCM progamming doesnt use all of the stock injectors potential all the time. That can be remedied with a chip or programmer, you will also get improved tranny performace with a chip or programmer.

I however do think you could do yourself a favor by going with an aftermarket intake, not so much from a performance gain perspective as to a peace of mind knowing your $5,000.00 dollar motor isnt going to take a lungfull of dirt. The K&N drop ins just arent all they are craked up to be (in the diesel world, they are a good product in the gassers realm)

Gauges,turbo down pipe, Wicked Wheel and exhaust system are some other items to look at all before you want or need injectors.

Mike

BWard

Auctioneer
Reaction score
Thanks Mike, I should recieve my BTS trans Thursday with one of Brians chip and install a 6.0 cooler. I will add a intake,exhaust and guages some time.I just need to see what other people like the best.
Thank you,
Brian

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14