Air conditioning slowing down

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Being these units are charged with R-134 they do leak down over time. Dealer and A/C shops will tell you they need to be topped off ones a year in some cases.

wilsonbaird

wilsonbaird
Reaction score
air cond

After 18 posts.. I'm thinking it's time for you to take it to an Auto A/C shop and have the whole A/C system checked out by a Professional.

I (for one) don't understand what purging the air, from the oil & fuel.. would have to do with the A/C ??

Sounds more & more like a LOW Freon charge now. :dunno

Joe
I had it to air cond shop already and they could not find out. The low and high pressure is ok. The problem is not on the freon circuit, as it works ok initially, problem is after couple of hours driving (on the max position) the air does not blow as much as at the beginning (sometimes almost nothing, and I can hear the fan blowing inside the dash), and the evaporator are NOT freezing up, what made me suspect of some thing are being clogged up, until I opened it last Saturday and found nothing out of ordinary.
In regard of purging, I was referring to the fact I had some other repairs in the truck and need to finish it before I can take a long trip drive (and check the air again). Hope you understand now. Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it.

Last edited:

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
I don't think you'd necessarily have to change the blower motor.. you said it never quits running, right?

I'd pull it and look around in there with a mirror and a flashlight, though..

X2

That or maybe one of you actuators has a small vacuum leak

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58