Air Conditioning time of season again!

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Both our Excursion and '90 Mustang are due for AC service & since I've heard highly of the Smart VOV in the past that's a component I'd like to upgrade in our vehicles during the re-charging of the systems.
Anyone here know where to purchase the Smart VOV's for our Fords?:confused:

Perhaps amoungst our vast membership there's some Auto Air Conditioning technician/gurus that could chime in for those AC questions:sweet

:thanks Bill

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I have never heard of "Smart VOV". Just what is it?

I have never did anything to the AC system in my 96' since the day it was new but it seems to work great both of the days I use it every year.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
VOV is short for Variable Orifice Valve,supposed to drop vent temps down up to 12 degrees,extend compressor life,better mileage due to the compressor cycling less,etc.

I'm sure AC concerns wouldn't apply to most trucks Canada and North but ya never know when it'll get above 60 :D

s d mills

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder. The Super Duty was my second Wintertime truck purchase in a row where the only thing I didn't check was the A/C. In the case of the purchase of my '95 F-250, when Summer arrived and I first tried the A/C, all I got was heat. The blend door was blocked and I had to remove the heater core to retrieve a 1/4" combo wrench someone must have dropped down a defroster duct.

The A/C in the Super Duty works just fine.

Thanks again.:thumbs

DieselSindicate

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Speaking of AC, on my X that I just got I noticed that the 2 vents in the middle of my dash barely put out any air. Has anybody else had this problem?

CHPMustang

Reaction score
DieselSindicate said:
Speaking of AC, on my X that I just got I noticed that the 2 vents in the middle of my dash barely put out any air. Has anybody else had this problem?
First thought would be the blendoor is not opening/closing completely,which settings is it giving you the most trouble with?

I'm here in neighboring Richardson if you wanted to hook up one of these weekends to give your Excursion a looksee as I'm sure a few of the other owners will want in too:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14