Air Dog vs. FASS

oi8228oi

another 99
Reaction score
OB NJ, land of traffic, stop lights, stop signs, a
i know this was brought up before (by me)

but i really wanna know whats the difference between the methods air dog and FASS use to seperate the water from the air... and is either one more efficient?

im kinda leaning towards the FASS cause of the price but i know a lotta you guys on here have air dog.... im not looking to go with the popular im looking to go with the better if there is one.....

is there any direct FASS vs. Air Dog comparisons done on trucks before?

Doggy Daddy

"Junior Member"?? OUCH!!
Reaction score
I have a FASS on my brand "D" truck and went to a Fleetguard water separator/filter. It's my understanding that it is the best water filtration available but I don't have the numbers in front of me.

I really like the system. I've seen 2 on Fords; one that supplied fuel to the stock lift pump and one that eliminated it. The one that eliminated the stock lift pump was installed with a new pickup in the tank that got rid of the prefilter. I thought the system worked very well but there was 2 things that I was not 100% happy with: The mount supplied fits on the spring perch in front of the L/R tire and I thought the pump was too close to the tire and not protected (only about 2/3 covered by the thin plastic fender liner). The system was intended to be wired to keyed power instead of having the PCM controlled power (Ford already has a relay, so it got wired to the original circuit).

I have not had any experience with the Air Dog (but like the name). :sweet

Mark Craig

Advertising Sponsor
Reaction score
oi8228oi,

They are very similar, in fact the original owner of AIr Dog and the current owner of FASS were working together at one time. Get the FASS, saves you some cash and gets you the results you're after. If you have any questions or them just ring us up!

Mark @ DPPI

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58