Air filter gauge thingy

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
does that littil clear thing work???. my filter has been black as can be and it has never moved! I removed it once and checked it manualy to see if it works, but it does. How dirty does the filter need to be for it to move or better yet how long do you guys wait to change your stock filter????

please any info is better than a veiw:thanks

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say that gauge doesn't work... As you have noted, it's way past being replaced before the gauge ever reads anything.

When I had the stock setup, I'd check it every other oil change or so (more frequent if driving in dusty conditions) and replace accordingly.

Now, with the DIY Conical filter, it's a quick glance when checking oil to know when it needs to be replaced.

White Buffalo

TDP Pit crew
Reaction score
With the description you posted it sounds like your filterminder might be busted. I change my air filter about every 20K miles, but it is entirely dependent on the dust & driving conditions you experience.

Wingdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I must say I would not go by those at all. I tested the one one my 97 chev and the only time it showed "the filter was clogged" was when I put my hand over the intake slowly and then finally stalled the motor. I don't think that the ford ones would be much better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58