Air Filter

Invader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The gauze type filters do flow better..............at 3500 rpm and up.
When I first got my 03, I saw a flow chart comparing the Donaldson vs the K&N filter(I think it was KN). They had almost identical flow numbers until 3500 rpm then the K&N flowed more. Seems your paying 300 bucks for a filter that does the same as the original. IMHO.
The tech at my dealership said he had a truck with 140000 miles and still had the original filter, the filter minder was just about closed, so he should have changed it sooner. I think if your not in a dusty area the filter should go 60000miles easy.

Mark Craig

Advertising Sponsor
Reaction score
Invader,

I changed my 1st stock filter out at 8000 miles and could see a difference in boost PSI, the Powercore does a great job of filtering but it is restrictive much sooner than you think it is. PLEASE do NOT ever trust the Ford air minder, it has been proven many many times they are inaccurate and not consistent from one truck to another etc.

I saw even a higher boost level when I installed the AFE Stage I Pro Guard 7 system too. So far after 60,000 miles the silicone readings are the same as the Powercore.

Mark @ DPPI

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
Mark Craig said:
So far after 60,000 miles the silicone readings are the same as the Powercore.

Mark @ DPPI

I've had my K&N FIPK on for about 60,000 miles and I clean it every 10-15k. My silicone readings from Blackstone are consistently at 4 ppm. I don't know what the Donaldson filter levels are, but Blackstone seems to think 4 is pretty good. Universal averages are 12 for a 6.0.

Just my 2 cents.

F350CCFX4

Smokin Bye
Reaction score
I use the Air Aid and love it. The stock filter left me on the side of the road twice, so I went with aftermarket. Much better throttle response and actually hear the turbo a bit more.

mtruaxpowerstroke

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i got the airaid oem filter and it fits nice in the stock airbox. It is easy to clean and flows real nice. I bought it for $50.00 dollars of ebay(cheaper than the stock filter) and it compliments my 4inch banks monster exhaust turbo back system. The power increase with those two is noght and day.

The Dude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock air cleaner:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao I think not! I slammed in a k&n! I noticed a huge difference out of the hole and the turbo winds out a lot faster and louder!:sweet :sweet :sweet :sweet :sweet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14