Air filtration results..

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I noticed that the Amsoil filter did not do well at all. That is not a slam, I just do NOT like AMSOIL.

Dave

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I saw results to a test like this (may have been this test?) and I recall the "no name" filter being the NAPA filter.

Max Power

Reaction score
I was around the site when all this information was originally published. Quite a controversy. It was really interesting how poor the beloved K&N did. Makes you think twice about spending all that money on such a poor filter.

kenh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Memory fails, but I hear/read that the K&N did not seal well in the PSD airbox.
Also, somewhere/sometime it was posted that except for radically modfied engines, the stock set up flowed an ample amount of air.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
had amsoil when first got my truck, drop in type, did nothin but dirty my airbox with that oil crap Budro

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Mike,

I think the test was done with "drop in" filters. The cotton gauze filters are nothing but gauze mesh that's layered. The oil creates a membrane to catch the dirt, but the air has to get through so what's stopping the dirt now? Only the dirt that comes in contact with the oil is stopped in my opinion. I was dusted a little by a 5-layer CGF, K&N's are only 3-layer from what I was told by K&N themselves.

Kenh,

I know of two trucks around here that have collapsed the stock panel filter and gotten slightly dusted. Good thing they caught it. These trucks are bonestock but pull heavy loads when they are be driven.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58