Air Horns

Lynden-Jeff

Landscaper
Reaction score
Hey,

Looking for an airhorn to upgrade my wimpy stock horn. Im looking for a real good mack truck type sound but preferably tankless. Can anyone recommend a type/model, or some feedback on what you guys are currently using? I plan to mount between the grill and the rad.

Cheers
Jeff

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
I think a lot of us have mounted our air horns under the truck (most good horns are 19" or longer). There are a few kits out but I added mine to my on-board air system. Grover and Hadley are good horns. The kits with the small compressor and plastic horns are a step up from stock but nothing beats 125psi pushing through a good set of truck/train horns!

Scott

01platinum

Go VOLS
Reaction score
bought a set from seige engineering, $320 including shipping. was a whole kit that included viair compressor,3 gal. tank, all the valves, fittings and switches. the horns are metal,(called kong mk1 i think). the system operates between 165-200 psi. the valve was their larger 150 psi, really loud train sound, I even added a fitting to plug in an air line to operate air tools and fill tires, very handy

Deviant Diesel

Sooting 1 jerk @ a time!
Reaction score
I got mine from siege engineering too. I got the Hammer4 kit w/ a five gallon tank. I run between 185 & 200 psi. It's just plain freakin loud. Lookin to add the Kong II to it someday soon. If you want good sound, you'll have to run a tank just to keep the psi's up. The compressor itself just can't give the horn the continous psi it needs to produce the sound you bought the horn for in the first place.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
units w/OUT a tank will also have a delay (compressor has to run, build
up enough air to fill the line & then toot the horn).

w/ a TANK based system the air is on the ready all the time...touch the
button, get INSTANT sound.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14