Air horns

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I picked up a set of air horns this weekend at an antique fair, they are (didnt know it at the time) a set of Hadley's and appear to work well. There is a 12V pump on them right now and they sound pretty good, but I hooked them to my shop compressor to blow the crap out of them and WOW they sound great. Looks like I have to start working on onboard air huh. :sweet

41372743.jpg

83afa7fc.jpg

Max Power

Reaction score
Nice, I would love to have that for the right occasion. I've often thought of putting on train horns for when you get cut off.

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unscrew those bells, take em up and have them "Soda Blasted". They use baking soda, and it takes the paint off, but DOES NOT get into the metal. Then get em chromed!

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I havent looked at them that close??? The trumpets unscrew from the diaphragm body? My ole lady thinks I am certifiable now.... :roflmao

KansasDiesel

fly'n low on WVO
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
I havent looked at them that close??? The trumpets unscrew from the diaphragm body? My ole lady thinks I am certifiable now.... :roflmao

Your not alone! My wife thinks I'm certifiable also. :roflmao But isn't it great to be in that club. :thumbs

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
I havent looked at them that close??? The trumpets unscrew from the diaphragm body?

They should. Allows you to replace them if they get damaged, instead of changing out the whole thing. Mine unscrew, and I think MudHog's unscrew, and his are grovers I think. Mine are taiwan "yankee horn" rip-offs, but they sure are loud at 120psi!!!

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Ford_Forgotton said:
They should. Allows you to replace them if they get damaged, instead of changing out the whole thing. Mine unscrew, and I think MudHog's unscrew, and his are grovers I think. Mine are taiwan "yankee horn" rip-offs, but they sure are loud at 120psi!!!

By golly Daryl, you were right!!! :thumbs

Dont know that I'll chrome them, but a nice new coat of black laquer sounds good. :sweet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14