AIR HORNS

INTERNATIONALPOWER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HI Guys I was wondering what would be a good place to mount some air horns on my 06 f-250 i had some horn on order for my semi and i wanted to use my old ones on my pickup.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
INTERNATIONALPOWER said:
HI Guys I was wondering what would be a good place to mount some air horns on my 06 f-250 i had some horn on order for my semi and i wanted to use my old ones on my pickup.

STOP they wont fit,:eek: let me save you the stress.:D
you need to send em to me, I will work them into my truck frame :sweet

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
How big are they??

Bama-Six-Gun has his Leslie's mounted in the spare tire well and they sound....

SWEET

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
jharvey said:
How big are they??

Bama-Six-Gun has his Leslie's mounted in the spare tire well and they sound....

SWEET

the spare tire well works great, if they are small you can sneak them in front of the rear tires up inside the bed well. i put a set of triple trumpets there when i first started with the horns. then i moved upto the big boys.

Leslie Train Horns

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my Hadley's from a wrecked freightliner. I made some brackets and mounted them to the frame rail using the running board brackets. Several people have mounted them this way. Here is Rlarkins great write up for installing an compressor and air tank. And the link to his Hadley Twins is at the bottom. Several people have followed this. My difference is I have the Viair 550C which is not sealed, so it is in my truck box. I also wired a toggle switch so I can go back and forth from stock to insane, (not that they have been on stock yet :roflmao )

Barrett

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
architect-builder said:
I got my Hadley's from a wrecked freightliner. I made some brackets and mounted them to the frame rail using the running board brackets. Several people have mounted them this way. Here is Rlarkins great write up for installing an compressor and air tank. And the link to his Hadley Twins is at the bottom. Several people have followed this. My difference is I have the Viair 550C which is not sealed, so it is in my truck box. I also wired a toggle switch so I can go back and forth from stock to insane, (not that they have been on stock yet :roflmao )

Barrett

yep, if they are just a single horn, the frame rails would be an excellent place to mount them. no one will ever see them coming and it will scare them to death to hear big truck horns coming from a p/u

i honked mine outside of the local huddle house one night as an older couple and their son were walking in, she turn to me and said "are kiddin me, are those trains horns?'

i said yep, she thought it was pretty cool and she was probably in her 60's.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
INTERNATIONALPOWER said:
there a tri horn set up they dont fit to good under the bed on the frame

not actually on the frame, i had mine mounted on the underside of the bed in front of the RR tire, had to make a mount for the horns and then attached it to the bed frame that runs across the top of the trucks frame. i will try and take a pic of it tomorrow,

if yours is a long bed, you would have more room that my short bed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14