Air Lift helper bags and compressor install

TexasA&M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Howdy everyone -

I'm getting ready to install a set of Air Lift bags and wireless compressor to my truck and am wondering who else has already done this. Specifically, I'm looking for advise as to where to mount the compressor. I haven't gotten the compressor yet (slow delivery), so I'm not exactly sure how big it is, but I don't think there is going to be room under the hood.

Anyhow, where do ya'll have your compressors mounted?

FYI, I've got a 2006 F250 4x4.

Thanks,

- Steve

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have mine behind the back seat where the jack used to be. I hate the screw jacks, so I keep a hydraulic in the tool box.

Cabutt88

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I mounted mine on the crossmember under nthe truck next to the trans on the drivers side on the top side .strait across from the furl filter.

TexasA&M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info so far. Did ya'll have to drill any new holes, or were you able to find some already there that you could use?

Cabutt88

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I did have to drill new holes in the crossmember but not a big deal. really small holes smaller than 1/4 inch.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I have seen some installs where they made a mounting plate (flat piece of steel)
and drill holes in it to match holes already in the frame (keeps you from having to drill new holes in the frame)
and then they mount the compressor to the mounting plate.

TexasA&M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got the wireless air setup. I'm hoping to get it all installed by early next week.

Which wires did you guys tap into for the power sourse? Did you hook straight to the battery for the main power? Which wire did you choose for the ignition controlled power?

On my old Tacoma, I just tapped into the power for the aux power port, but that was inside the cab. Everything on this install will be outside the cab.

TexasA&M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got everything installed. I had a problem with the original relay that they sent me, but they got another one out very quickly and I got it all wired up earlier this week.

All in all, it's a pretty slick system (Wirelss Air). I haven't had the chance to put a heavy load on it, but I anticipate being very pleased.

The one gripe I have with the setup/installation is the lack of materials they send. With the requirements (manifold has to be within 10" of the relay), there is not enough wire and or air line to make the system work on a long truck. I installed all of my components on top of the spare tire bracketry, so I had to splice in some extra wire to get all the way to the front of the truck. If I had done it any other way (compressor at front/middle, or manifold at front/middle), I wouldn't have had enough air line. They should consider this when sending out materials, because the very shortest truck this system would go on is a single cab long bed, and the longest would be a crew cab long bed. Most of their kits probably go on a truck just like mine; a crew cab short bed. Either way, there isn't enough wire/air hose to do the install.

Other than that, everything went pretty seamlessly. I'm looking forward to loading up the trailer and hitting the road next month.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg