Airdog II review and install

t.c.ben

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well since I didn't get any info on this pump, I just decided to bite the bullet pick one up and throw it on the truck. This install is pretty much brainless, it is 3 hoses and 3 wires, and a bracket. I was able to know this out lying on my back with the truck parked on the street in front of my house. If you manage to not lose a speednut, or put the pump in backwards and have to drive around trying to find fitting to splice on a extra foot of hose on each side, or have your truck break down with 3/4 of a tank left and wrestle around a crazy heavy tank :dunno, you should be able to knock it out in about 4hrs, less if you are smart and call a buddy.
The adj part of it is super easy, on little screw with a lock nut on the side. It's set 55psi from the factory and maxes at 75. Unfortunately the reg return I ordered was on back order, so I just set to the max and backed it out a 1/2 turn which put it at about 70-72psi.

Performance:
Well I have a 2000 F350 7.3, Tymar, 4in straight exhaust, DP with 60 eco, 60 tow, 80 DD, 120 Race, and 140 Agg. This thing rang incredible after the install, super smooth at idle and great throttle response. Boost came on on alot quicker, and it was getting plenty of fuel as there was a good increase in black smoke in all tunes, so be warned if you are concered with smoke this will not help without more air. The stock pump had no smoke on boost at full throttle where as this one put out a steady light haze.

Now the bad..... it is loud, and this is all the review you will be getting from me on this pump as my truck was stolen a mere 36 hr later, so no reg return review to go with it. However stay tuned for a built 08 F250 Crew 6.4 build up ;tu

roger2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your truck getting stolen, It's a sad world we live in that you own and maintain something that you care for and some ******* that doesn't want to work comes along and takes your property.

early 99 stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you should do all new lines with 5/8 from the tank stepping down to a 1/2 line after the pump and have a RR on the motor or the pump will over work its self...i am waiting for my sump and fuel lab to show up right now..i will be running 5/8 line from the tank though a 1212 30 micron though the fuel lab into a wix 2 micron..from there i will drop to 1/2 line to the ITP bowl delete block feeding the heads..from the regulator i will be running 3/8 line back to the tank....this will flow alot more fuel and the pump wont be woking hard at all...my sump is like the blue one in the pic..

sorry abut your truck...that really sucks...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14