Alarm has gone crazy

dzl_x_4x4

Dzl_X_4x4
Reaction score
My truck is having this issue with the theft system preventing me from starting my X on random occasions (only at the worst time). I thought it was the ignition switch but after yesterday, I am not sure. But what it does is the THEFT light will blink every 2sec. with the doors shut or open. After I turn the ign. swith it blinks real fast and wont let it start.
Has anyone had this happen with the factory alarm? or do you think it is the aftermarket alarm triggering something in the factory alarm?

Thanks

Diesel Kinevel

97 Stroker
Reaction score
my buddy had the same occurance with his 01 Silverado. it wouldnt start so he replaced everything (starter, starter relay....etc etc) and it still didnt fire. the key wouldnt even turn the radio on. he had it towed to the local shop and found he had a security system and it caused the problem. for some reason it shut down everything making it inoperable. ya should have seen his face when they told him the only problem was the security system he didnt know he had

Teggleston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does the same thing when this happens I just use the key fob and lock the doors wait a second then unlock them the light theft lights stops blinking and the vechicle starts

dzl_x_4x4

Dzl_X_4x4
Reaction score
I have tried every sequence you can imagine trying to isolate this to a door/sensor/etc. I have locked with the keypad, unlock with keypad, use alarm remote, use the key, etc.

I finally disabled the aftermarket alarm (been working for 5 years) and now the latest is when I get in and put the key in it will flash, all I do is turn the key to off and back to on and it goes out....:doh: This is getting frustrating. Next I am going to un-install the SCMT and see what happens....Whata said he re-calls their being an issue with the SCMT and the factory PATS.

So, it is going to be process of elimination...:(

Whata250

Whata250
Reaction score
My alarm started giving me problems also. I found that I had just changed my batteries and the loss of power caused it. I just needed to reset it.

dzl_x_4x4

Dzl_X_4x4
Reaction score
Update: I also disabled the aftermarket alarm prior to this and it did not appear to help.

Per my prior experience with the SCMT and what has been posted I decided to return the truck to stock. I am trying to isolate it to the truck or the SCMT. I forgot what it is like drving stock.....it bites BIG TIME-mad. I need a SMOKIN chip. I have a few idiots to payback now:sly .

Steps taken:
1. Disabled the aftermarket Code alarm: Still had the theft light issues, no start

2. Returned the truck to stock (SCMT1705): did it the first start. Has not done it since. Driven 200+ miles.

3. I will re-program to the 80hp or 110hp setting until I get my 6pos chip. If it starts acting flakey, I will call Superships to see if they have a fix.

Thanks for all the information.:hail

dzl_x_4x4

Dzl_X_4x4
Reaction score
Well didn't have a chance to get to step #3. It happened this morning. I am starting to lean towards the ignition switch/tumbler. Does anyone think that it could cause these symptoms?

I am programming back to the 110HP setting today, thank goodness:cool:

Thanks

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
sounds like the chip reader in the tumbler is goin' bye-bye or maybe it's just the key...

got a different passkey you could check it with?

There should also be a relearn procedure for the passkey reciever (but what it is escapes me at the moment)

dzl_x_4x4

Dzl_X_4x4
Reaction score
Ok yesterday on the way home, it would not start for 5mins. This morning no start at all, I tried everything again. I do have a 2nd key that I tried using thinking it maybe the key, but that did not work. I tried to re-program it this morning (it resets the PATS), that shut off the light but when I turned it off and back on it was flashing. I am going to the Car Toys when I get it started and have them disconnect/remove the alarm and then to the Stealership for my Quarterly contribution to FMC. I hate intermittent electrical problems. Is there any way to dis-able the PATS system also?

dzl_x_4x4

Dzl_X_4x4
Reaction score
THE END:
Friday was taking the family to shop for B-day gifts. After 3-4 stops with it starting just fine I was feeling good about it being fixed. Well the last stop did it. Would not start not, tried my key and my factory ford key, change program to stock, let it sit for hours, still no start.

Had it towed to the "Rob"wall (aka Rockwall), 2 techs 2+ hours and they finally figured out what it was. Something between the remote starter and the alarm so it would not read my key or any of my keys. The service Mgr explaination didn't jive. I asked how can the alarm short out the key???? :roflmao He said that I could call the Tech today and he could explain it. They said the key was bad so I need 2 new ones, after that they had to get the alarm to work and towing. $379.00+ later it starts. :) I am not happy with the cost, but I hate a vehicle that will not start and nothing worst than an intermittent electrical problem.

Anybody ever hear of something this crazy?

Think it is safe to install my SCMT again?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58