Alaska Cruise

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I am taking off for Alaska later today. Going to Seattle to catch the ship for our trip to the southern portion of Ak. Ketchacan. Juneau, Glacier Bay and Sitka are our stops. I have never been to Alaska and I am looking forward to this trip. See you all in 10 days.

Dave :)

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
It is supposed to be near 80 degrees in Juneau for the next few days. I didn't bring my shorts.

Dave :)

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
We are going next year taking the land tour through Canada before picking up the ship.

Tbar

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be ready to EAT.. 24-7.. then SNACK.. then have the scheduled MEALS.. then the

BUFFEY stuff.. then the Captains DINNER.

Good you forgot yer Shorts Dave.. yul need a size or two BIGGER when you git back, anywaze.

Enjoy.

Joe

I'd like to do the Ship/Train/Ship one sometime.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be sure to post lots of pictures. That's also on my bucket list. In the early '90's one of my uncles and my aunt drove to Alaska from Louisiana. Shut down their house for 3 months. They were there when a volcano erupted. On the way there, my uncle had a flare up with his heart (he retired from the Air Force in '74 and started having heart problems later) and had to stay in Denver for a few days, but were cleared to continue. They eventually traveled to all the lower 48 states together, and went to Hawaii separately. He had been in Hawaii while in the Air Force on a layover on a flight to a deployment to Vietnam. Later he suffered a stroke and was laid up the last 5 years of his life. The doctors at the VA hospital made my aunt leave for awhile for her sanity, and she and another lady took a trip to Hawaii.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
This old fart and his woman have been here in Alaska for a bit over 24 hours. We are just now pulling into Juneau. This state is so fantastically beautiful, I can not put into words. We were at the Tracy Arm yesterday afternoon. I saw my first glacier. If you have any doubts about global warming, take a cruise up here and see for your self! I will post The internet is satellite, which is slow return times even though the download speeds are good. Well guys, I have a full bucket today. See you later.

Dave :) :thumbs

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14