Question Almost an owner of a 08 F350 DRW, other owners pls read

Notplayn

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a couple of newbie questions about my potential truck. First it is a 08 F350 DRW with the 6.4 turbo 4X4. It has a 3L rear end that is a 3.73 I believe. Anyway I have read a couple things about Job 1 trucks and Job 2 trucks. From what I can tell that references when a truck was built?? According to what I can find this truck was built 4/3/08. What Job does that make this truck and why is that important? The last question I have is probably the most controversial. I have read alot about fuel mileage with these trucks. What I would like to know from people with a truck like this is real world mileage. I would be driving this most of the time unloaded, however I also will be pulling a 24 foot enclosed car trailer that has a/c, an awning, front cabinets with tools, etc.

Thanks very much.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You are correct in that the Job Number has to do with when it was built. Why is this important? Who knows. Some say that Job#1 is the only Job Number to buy, and some say the same about Job#2.:dunno:dunno:dunno:dunno

Dave

JRJ04

Reaction score
ive heard job 3 was when the bugs were worked out and that 1 and 2 were the ones with the issues (radiator, turbo etc):dunno

2ndPowerstroke

Ford Driver
Reaction score
I have an 08` F350 CC LB SRW 4x4 with the 3L=3.73 limited slip
Real world mileage for me is 18 empty no crazy driving moderate terrain 65-70mph and 12mpg around town. Loaded -which is pulling a 30` fifth wheel full 11-12K plus whatever I have managed to load in the truck bed- The worst was 9mpg hills-wind etc ,,,,, but usually I get an average of 11mpg loaded. I understand you are talking about a dually so take that into consideration might cost a tiny bit on mileage. A friend has an 09` with the taller factory tires and he claims 20 mpg same truck as mine--I wasn`t with him when he did the figures and I didn`t see how he filled it or how much he topped the tank --I really figure he is the same as mine for mileage. As far as issues -My wife and I are on our 7th (09 Flex) and 8th (08 F350) new Fords--hardly any problems with any of the vehicles--We are just Ford drivers. The Father n-law and brother n-law also drive 6.0 Fords and pull quite often --very minimal problems even for being the 6.0 .
Just my info--

zr1pete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question I thought all DRW trucks could not be ordered with 3:73 gears. Am I wrong?

2ndPowerstroke

Ford Driver
Reaction score
Good catch --I missed that. Think you might be right on. The duallys are 4:10 or 4:30 usually.

EmptyDub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you've got yourself a job 3 (mine is also). I haven't had any problems outta mine so far- nothing major anyway (although it's in the shop now 'cause the cruise decide to stop working the other day). I got mine new in March '08 w/ 3.73s and have 25K miles on it now.

Mileage while running empty is around 18 hwy/15 city, and pulling a 22' camping trailer (bumper pull) is 9-11 mpg bone stock. All of this is while driving pretty conservatively.... the more you mash the go pedal- the more your fuel needle drops!

Hope you enjoy the truck! :sweet

Notplayn

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. I am looking forward to picking up the truck Thursday afternoon. I am a little sad I am selling my 04 Sierra Denali but its time for something different.;tu

An EmptyDub.... I bet I drink more M-Dew than you.:D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58