Alternator/Battery Charging issues

Waterproof

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Wanted to give an update on my truck. It is finally fixed. Was able to find a buddy of mine that works for Ford and was willing to let me have access to the actual Ford Dealers website so that I could view schematics and troubleshooting guides that the service techs use. Ended up taking out the instrument cluster to trouble shoot the wiring from the alternator to the charge indicator light. Found out that I had an open somewhere between the charging indicator light and the alternator. Troubleshot the wire from the instrument cluster to the wiring connector on the drivers side wheelwell as good, found that my open was somewhere between that connector and my alternator. Ran a new piece of wire between that connecter and my regulator plug on the back of the alternator, charging light came on and everything appears to be functioning as it should.

On a similar note, I now have a personal vindetta with a certain packrat at my hunting cabin and his desire to chew on ****. Mr. Packrat, I was willing to let you live at my cabin, but you mistook my hospitality for free rein to chew on things you shouldn't have. You took this to a whole new level and now you will pay.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58