Alternator wiring

copracr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can help, thanks.

Problem is truck not charging. I just got the truck, but the alternator looks newer and the plugs look all messed up and jerry rigged. I bought a new plug on the way home ( without turning off the truck, lol) . The plug has already been replaced once, and i don't trust that the wires are going to the right places. Can anyone tell me where to connect which wire? I have 2 wires coming from the truck, both are green w/ red. I have the D shaped 3 wire plug and 1 spade terminal.

Thanks again

Last edited:

copracr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Zookie400, the wiring might be different cause I have 2 green w/red wires. I got out my ford sevice info cd's and figured out from the pinpoint tests which wire goes where.

copracr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice, hope its works nice now!

I just wired it up and it works great. It turns out, I got it with the older style alternator with the D shaped plug plus the spade connector, but it comes with a newer style one from the factory that has just one plug. The older style alternator is about $50 cheaper so I wired it for the older style. I had to notch the bracket to allow the alternator to sit flush, but otherwise it's charging great now.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58