Aluminum Transmission Pan

aaklingler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at getting an aluminum transmission pan and I'm finding a bunch of different makes like B&M, Trick Flow, Moroso, Hughes, PML, Mag-Hytec, BD and ATS. What do you guys know about them?

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Mag-Hytec on the rear end cover, but don't feel we need a bigger transmission pan that holds more oil. Takes to long to warm the extra oil up.
Doug

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Mag-Hytec on the rear end cover, but don't feel we need a bigger transmission pan that holds more oil. Takes to long to warm the extra oil up.
Doug

Mag-hytec dif cover here too. Good quality stuff.. but I also agree with Doug, and, unless you do some real Honk'n On.. 4 wheeling, stump/sled pulling.. other than the "Looks".. the ROI just ain't there.

Joe

aaklingler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you guys can keep your temps down while towing then? Just run a big cooler? Is there any fluid that is better then others?

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Just run the 6.0 tranny cooler and you will be good to go. :sweet. 18qts is already alot.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
when the bigger cooler aint enough i have a smaller one in my bumper with an electric fan on it.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
i didnt flush my monsterbo when i switched to synthetic.just drained the pan and conveter and filled it up.they didnt say it had to be flushed

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
if youre gonna swap the lines for the 3/8 line go to ford and get the 2 fittings that screw into the tranny for the 4r100.no need for adapters and i remember something about the check ball in the e4ods fitting that restricts the fluid flow.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58