Aluminum Transmission Pan

aaklingler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if youre gonna swap the lines for the 3/8 line go to ford and get the 2 fittings that screw into the tranny for the 4r100.no need for adapters and i remember something about the check ball in the e4ods fitting that restricts the fluid flow.

What do the fittings do, do they have a hose barb or can I get a roll of 3/8 tubing and hook them up to that? Do they eliminate the check balls? Can I take the check balls out and reuse mine?

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
the 4r100 fittings take a 3/8 steel line instead of 5/16.the orifices are also larger than the e4ods fittings.i was told the 5/16 fitting with the ball on the e4od is too restrictive.was told it causes poor lubrication to the rear of the tranny.its been a while but thats what i remember being told when i bought my monster box.

aaklingler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 4r100 fittings take a 3/8 steel line instead of 5/16.the orifices are also larger than the e4ods fittings.i was told the 5/16 fitting with the ball on the e4od is too restrictive.was told it causes poor lubrication to the rear of the tranny.its been a while but thats what i remember being told when i bought my monster box.

Did you make your own 3/8th steel lines or can you use SD lines? Anybody like a brand of ATF better then another?

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
the monster box came with 3/8 braided lines.but its simple to bend up a new line though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58