Help Needed Amazing deal on 2006 CC 4x4 but salvage due b/c it was stolen(need advice)

mightgetafeb07

Ford:The best ,never rest
Reaction score
Hello guys,
I can get an extremely good price on a fully loaded and lifted f250 with 48,000 miles, but the catch is that it was stolen and got into a fender bender and the bed had to be replaced. The seller claims that it was not due to structural damage, but because it was stolen. My question is does insurance go up, and what other burdens does a salvage title carry?(I know I probaby will not be able to resell it)
Thank You

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Steer clear of a salvage title vehicle. In Florida, you can't title them for street use, but you can use them off road. Insurance companies will not insure them here. And I haven't found a single financial institution that would finance one, even when credit was easy to get.

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My experience was different. You do need to be very careful and check it out. It could be the actual circumstances that are described. The first thing I would do is to verify that it can be insured, and that you can drive it on the street. In Arizona you can, but evidently that is not the same every where.

Ironmerganser

Ironmerganser
Reaction score
Every vehicle I have ever owned (15 +) has been a salvage title vehicle. From Fords and Dodges to Audis and VW's......I have owned and sold quite a few. My truck now was actually a theft vehicle out of AZ. It was stolen, they tapped a phone pole. I had to replace the passenger side back door and a box side. I LOVE THE TRUCK AND I GOT INTO IT FOR CHEAP!! I plan on driving it until the wheels fall off.

If it was truely just stolen and you are OK with a Salvage title (check your states requirements for titling and licensing) it is probably a good deal. When you run into major structural damage and water damage, that is where you usually want to steer clear.

With only 48k on the ticker....you still have a lot of miles left on that ride. I bought mine with 60k and I now have 97k. The only thing I have had go wrong is an EGR valve.

If you do buy it, you do want to keep in mind that it will be hard to sell if you decide to do so down the road. People are VERY leary of salvage title vehicles. Same goes for trading it.....you won't get squat. If you plan to drive it for a long time though, there are deals to be had!!!

JMF350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I work for a large salvage yard in NE Missouri. We sell salvage title vehicles all the time, with no problems on license or insurance. If our body shop does the repares before the sale, most of the banks around here will even give full loan value of the vehicle. As stated above, if it was just a theft and a minor accident, you should be OK.... but stay away from flood vehicles, as they are usually more screwed up than on that's been in a train wreck;tu

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58