ambulance package ecm reflash

2000SuperStroker

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I was told by a guy at super chips today that there is a reflash the dealer can do to my truck to gain about 40 horse power. It is apparenty part of some EVAC package I guess. He also said the dealer could turn off the pilot injection to make possible to run single shots without a chip. I not for sure if he is full of it or telling me the truth, any help would be appreciated.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't honestly say that I've heard it before but it wouldn't surprise me but you would have to be dumb lucky to get a service writer who knows anything about what you're asking.

Everything that you're looking for can be done with a good chip (tony wildman, DP tuner, etc) which you're going to need if you want injectors Combine the $75 you'd pay the dealer and the money you get from selling your superchips tuner on ebay and you are getting close to what a good chip will cost you.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
.....you would have to be dumb lucky to get a service writer who knows anything about what you're asking.

Amen to that. Your comment brings a certain individual to mind at the local dealer. He tried to tell me that I wasn't supposed to tow in O/D. I told him that was BS and he was a dumbass to his face, and then walked out.

As an alternative to any Ford PCM flash 2000SuperStroker mentioned, I'd suggest looking into a 80hp econo tune from DP Tuner flashed directly to the PCM.

I did it several years ago before going with a flip chip. The DP Tuner 80hp econo tune flashed to a 99.5 PCM was hands down one of the best mods I've done to my early 99.

2000SuperStroker

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I know that is what I should probally do but I just thought it would be nice to have 40 more on top of what the tuners would gain. I also kind of have a guy at the local dealer that might do it cheaper then the shop rate. I just wanted to know if anyone else has heard of this.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't honestly say that I've heard it before but it wouldn't surprise me but you would have to be dumb lucky to get a service writer who knows anything about what you're asking.

Everything that you're looking for can be done with a good chip (tony wildman, DP tuner, etc) which you're going to need if you want injectors Combine the $75 you'd pay the dealer and the money you get from selling your superchips tuner on ebay and you are getting close to what a good chip will cost you.

X2.

Smacks of an "Urban Legend" or a good task for "Myth Busters" maybe ?

I would think that IF there IS an Ambulance Package Tune or Flash.. the Chip & Programmer guyz would have "tuned" into it.. long ago.. and all of us SDD folks would have known about it too ! By now.

I'm sceptical about any Service Writers :watchout (except mine)

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just thought it would be nice to have 40 more on top of what the tuners would gain.

you would not get an extra 40 hp on top of what the tuner gives you, the tuner replaces the factory fueling map to give you the extra power. If you want more power than the SCMT you have now then you need a chip but the power difference will not be greatly notable. Next step is injectors at which point you need a custom chip anyway.

early 99 stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont waste your time with the Dealer....that program will just mess thing up on you...send your IDM to Dp Tuner... for 75 bucks he will put what ever HP tune you want on it and firm up shifts as well as move the shift points for better use of the power....

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I know that is what I should probally do but I just thought it would be nice to have 40 more on top of what the tuners would gain. I also kind of have a guy at the local dealer that might do it cheaper then the shop rate. I just wanted to know if anyone else has heard of this.

that's just it.
you WON'T get 40 on top of the chip/tuner.
all you're going to get is the chip/tuner.

Throw that tuner in the trash and get a flip chip.

early 99 stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the super chip is just a glorified 10k mod that lies to the PCM to dump more fuel..yes it adds power..but nothing like custom tunes do..custom tunes also change timing to use the fuel its dumping..I bet your truck blows coal black smoke when you put your foot to the floor doesn't it?? black smoke is wasted fuel..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl