Ambulance

Yaz

Power Stroke
Reaction score
Currently deployed in the sand box and having a problem with a new 6.0 from reman. The engine was installed and runs fine, but it’s the getting the engine to start. Not sure where the problem is, like I said we can get it started some of the time and runs like a champ. When we do get it started it will stay running. We have changed everything on the engine. Any ideas on what we could have missed or something that has to be replaced but wasn't. Our supply line is a bit slow due the location. Any help will be great.
Thanks

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
What do you drive? Fill out your signature so we can better help you. Go to the USER CP Button above and fill it out. I would guess you have a glow plug problem, but I don't know where Pope AFB is.

Dave

Yaz

Power Stroke
Reaction score
2006 Ford Ambulance

The vehicle is an Ambulance that belongs to the Airforce. It has a 6.0.

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
did you try new batterys yet? or at least tighten the connections. do a real load test not just check the volts.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Yaz..
does the motor pool have a scan tool?
see what codes it's throwing (even if it doesn't have a check engine light on, it may have codes stored)...

if it's not making smoke, most likely it's not getting fuel, so I'd run the fuel lines for air leaks..

or even the next time it does this, the lift pump should be on the left side frame rail about under the driver's feet. Give it a couple raps with a wooden mallet and see if it starts then...

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Currently deployed in the sand box and having a problem with a new 6.0 from reman. The engine was installed and runs fine, but it’s the getting the engine to start. Not sure where the problem is, like I said we can get it started some of the time and runs like a champ. When we do get it started it will stay running. We have changed everything on the engine. Any ideas on what we could have missed or something that has to be replaced but wasn't. Our supply line is a bit slow due the location. Any help will be great.
Thanks

Being a "fresh" reman and install.. and doesn't make smoke while cranking ? I'd go back through the electrical hook ups.

Load test the Batteries >Independently< of each other. Re-clean and re-tighten ALL the connections, clamps and cables, and some components have to be Independantly Grounded, and maybe did't get re-connected/grounded ?

Joe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14