"Amish" Fireplaces

silverF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they are giving it to you it must be made in China ;)

That may be. The commercial just ran and that's exactly what their doing building the surround and giving you the fireplace. Their name is Heat Surge.

Last edited:

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YUP
still do
iffin Wayne would like it i can make you a great deal and then you can build a nice wood surround for it
it even has a remote
pics for your enjoyment :D:sly

LOL Robert!!!!! The ad in yesterday's "Parade" newspaper insert says it's a work of engineering genius from the China coast. That should be a clue as to where the "fireplace" was made. I think it's nothing more than a large space heater. I'd rather see one and test it before ordering something this expensive "sight unseen". To be honest, I'd rather install an old fashion cast iron wood heater and keep it full of wood.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
LOL Robert!!!!! The ad in yesterday's "Parade" newspaper insert says it's a work of engineering genius from the China coast. That should be a clue as to where the "fireplace" was made. I think it's nothing more than a large space heater. I'd rather see one and test it before ordering something this expensive "sight unseen". To be honest, I'd rather install an old fashion cast iron wood heater and keep it full of wood.

wayne
mine came from canada but i bet it was imported from teh land of the small people
its great for heat right next to it, and does creat that special cozy feeling when you and the little women need to get comfy on the couch.
i wanted to free up space and weight
i think in the fish shack a pellet stove like crumms is the answer, that seems to be a real source of HEAT

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try a Pellet stove. I installed one this fall and I am amazed at how toasty we are staying for much less $$$ than heating with oil.

Good idea. However, I still like the wood heat. Plus, I have several acres of timber on family property in Louisiana where I can get plenty of wood at no cost, other than driving 300 miles to cut and split it.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Good idea. However, I still like the wood heat. Plus, I have several acres of timber on family property in Louisiana where I can get plenty of wood at no cost, other than driving 300 miles to cut and split it.

300 miles of fuel, x $2.89 per gallon... yep. That's free. :sly

Last edited:

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I can get plenty of wood at no cost, other than driving 300 miles to cut and split it.
I can get all the free wood I want less than 20 miles from the house and several years worth closer to 10 miles away but it doesn't pencil out at todays fuel prices especially if your time is worth a dime.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ $125.00 a cord, delivered'n stacked, for Walnut, every 2 years.. I'm stick'n with my Wood Stove. When the Frost is on the Punkin ? After a Good meal, ( say,Biscuts'n Gravy ?) There aint nothin better than a nice fire in the ol' wood stove. ;tu

Life Is Good.

I admire the Amish for stick'n with their teachings but I'm think'n: That commercial is maybe away of circumventing their restrictions on dealing with the "Others" ? Push the Heatilator that just >happens< to be in an enclosure made by the Amish ?

:dunno

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
300 miles of fuel, x $2.89 per gallon... yep. That's free. :sly

Considering that the property is in my name and I do occasionally get an income from it, I can take a tax write-off for mileage, so it really is free. In fact, I'm going over there either Friday or Saturday to take my mom home. She's been over here this week for a couple of doctor appointments.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58