Amsoil Synthetics Test

MJ Synthetics

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are interested in the question of can you extend oil change intervals (OCI) using synthetics read on. I want to do a test and I want to make it extreme by doing it in a 6.0L PSD known for its ability to shear down oil.

There is a guy who posted UOA lab results on another forum on a Dmax. After 15k miles and he only lost 1 point in his TBN and all other results were as if it was new oil. One guy actually accussed him of sampling new oil. It was not a test just a guy posting his results. He will now go longer on his next oil change and test again. It was an amazing test result and I would like to see what could be achieved in a 6.0L based on lab results only. I would like to take the guess work and opinions out of the equation and make it an unbiased test done here in the open for all to see an comment on.

I am making another post for more exposure here in the Maintenance & Fluids forum but as long as the admins ok it we will keep the test in the 6.0L section since it pertains directly to that motor but can be translated to all others. If the admins feel it needs to be moved to the Maint & Fluid forum then thats where it will be for everybody to follow.

Amsoil Synthetics Test

idiabuse

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
If you are interested in the question of can you extend oil change intervals (OCI) using synthetics read on. I want to do a test and I want to make it extreme by doing it in a 6.0L PSD known for its ability to shear down oil.

There is a guy who posted UOA lab results on another forum on a Dmax. After 15k miles and he only lost 1 point in his TBN and all other results were as if it was new oil. One guy actually accussed him of sampling new oil. It was not a test just a guy posting his results. He will now go longer on his next oil change and test again. It was an amazing test result and I would like to see what could be achieved in a 6.0L based on lab results only. I would like to take the guess work and opinions out of the equation and make it an unbiased test done here in the open for all to see an comment on.

I am making another post for more exposure here in the Maintenance & Fluids forum but as long as the admins ok it we will keep the test in the 6.0L section since it pertains directly to that motor but can be translated to all others. If the admins feel it needs to be moved to the Maint & Fluid forum then thats where it will be for everybody to follow.

Amsoil Synthetics Test

Let me help you out I had a 6.0 using the PCO 15W40 and it lasted 22.000 miles here are the results
miles on oil sample
Aluminum 19
Chromium 4
nickel 0
Iron 92
Copper 21
Lead 26
Tin 3
Moly 10
Potassium 0
Silicon 41
Sodium 0