amsoil

Norcal250

Gimp member
Reaction score
Its time for me to change the oil in my 6.0 E350... just wondering what weight you guys run... and what seems to work the best (fuel mileage-wise) I'll be running Amsoil synthetic...since I have the bypass/filter relocation kit on it.. Thanks!:thumbs

Norcal250

Gimp member
Reaction score
Thanks dillon... what sort of outside temps do you run it in... I'll be in the desert alot this summer... in the 110s... and towing... guess I should have stated that in the post...:sweet

Reaction score
Norcal250 said:
Thanks dillon... what sort of outside temps do you run it in... I'll be in the desert alot this summer... in the 110s... and towing... guess I should have stated that in the post...:sweet

Not that high - it does get a little over 100 here sometimes 105 at the most. But - follow along with me here - I'm sure that a lot of people will disagree - but it's my thought process anyway.

Outside temps. In my mind it only matters really for start-up. Once the motor is up to operating temp - it's at the operating temp. Does not matter if it's 0 degrees or 100 - the internal temp of the motor is still the same. Sure the outside temp would determine how long or fast a motor cools down - but I can't see where it matters once the engine is running as long as your cooling system is working normal. In addition - syn oils don't boil/fry/bake etc soooo -

Anyway - that's my take on it.

Ron

Ken1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 7.3 with AMSOIL Series 3000 5W-30 oil. I in ST Louis for one complete winter even down to 0* and never pulled up block heater trucked always started.
The "X" now has 158K and it takes less than 3 seconds each morning for engine to start. I also would recommend the Series 3000

Norcal250

Gimp member
Reaction score
dillon that makes sense... thanks for your input guys... I will definetly be placing my order for the 3000 5w30 here in a minute...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14