Anniversary Celebration!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got invited to the forums via a post on another forum. I hadn't ever been to another "diesel" site before. Let me tell you, I didn't know what I was missing! It's great to be able to freely ask questions and have lots of different opinions on the topic. I also like that if someone asks a silly question (like when I asked about my torque converter on my manual tranny :rolleyes: ), the poster isn't ridiculed. I enjoy seeing new ideas of how to solve problems, and although I'm still a "junior member", I like to see if I can help when I can. The collection of folks here is just like everyone grew up together and has known everyone their whole lives. Most everyone is genuinely concerned with issues you are facing and is quick to offer help and support at a moment's notice. You don't find that a lot these days.

I think the success of the site is due to the moderators and their willingness to make a site that fulfills the needs of the users -- not to force their opinions on the userbase (via editing, posting restrictions, whatever). Also, to all the users who have been here a long time, it is really nice when a new guy comes in and is welcomed to the "family". You all do so much to make everyone feel welcome, and it makes asking questions and getting help so much easier and stress-free.

With my truck, I feel like I've got to the point where I "know" what it's feeling. I know how it will react in differing situations (mud, snow, ice, tires burning :thumbs , etc). When I've got the choice to take the truck or some other vehicle, it's an easy choice to make. Plus, what's not to love about driving a huge Powerstroke around?

Congratulations on being 2!

Race22

Jim
Reaction score
Sounds like an awesome way of celebrating. Congratulations on the two year mile stone.
I live in Moore Okla and right around the corner from Tony Wildman. I got to know Tony thru another web sight and have been friends since. Tony likes to get everyone together for special events. At the second event Tony had I learned about Superduty Diesel. com. I have also gotten to meet a lot of nice people who hang out at this sight. The days that we all get together is really fun. At the dyno or at the race track, I have really enjoyed all of it. Spending time with friend means allot to me. I have two artificial valves in my heart and there just is not allot of things I can do anymore. My brain is still young but my body's getting beyond its years. The one thing I can do really means a great deal to me. That is spending time on Superduty.com and going to the get togethers just to hang out. Since Tony has modded my truck, it makes me feel young again. I really get a kick out of hot Rodin it some. I really enjoy going to the track with everyone from this sight and doing a little hot Rodin. My old truck isn't that fast but It really gives me a thrill.
So thank you SuperDuty.com for putting up with me and putting a good time back in my heart. Jim (Race22):clap:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
-popcorn -popcorn -popcorn

Deadline is fast approaching.......... :tounge

12 midnight Pacific Time and thats it folks.

theBAT

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So when do we get the vedict! LOL, just curious...the wait has been killing me! Definitely some great essays, the judges have a tough decision.

Kev

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its forums like this that help owners become more familar w/ their trucks
and it helps us all avoid some associated pain (repeat repairs) and cost
that seem to be the unfortunate NORM when having anything worked on
at even the BEST dealerships.

as an example of how we can benefit from THIS forum & extended
friendships...a fellow member was recently performing some work on his
truck and posted a message...i was able to take some photos of my own
truck as examples of how things should look when the item in question is
proprely in place

w/ a truck already apart...you think any dealership would WANT to help
in a situation like the above...imagine the cost of the tow bill, the lost
use / time & the repair bill !

its the knowledge, fellowship and willingness to help EACH OTHER that
makes this FORUM a FAMILY !

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
another late entry...

I found this site a little over a year ago, and have basically been hooked ever since. It is usually the first site I get to each day. The open-mindedness of the administrators and moderators makes this site a truly enjoyable experience. It gives us users the freedom to get and give real answers to real problems, without any excessive censorship. I have made a number of friends here that are willing to bend over backwards to help out. I have also enjoyed being able to help out others, being a tech myself, and enjoying the satisfaction (with the help of all) a member getting his truck running again, or solving a modification problem. Of course there is plenty of showing/ bragging about our Ford trucks (which just happen to be the best trucks in the world :sweet ) and their serious towing/ hauling capabilities. I have also become a regular on FlashChat, on any given night, (as well as a few others :D ). The members on this site have helped turn my truck from a stock truck to a souped-up towing monster. About the only thing left to add is an exhaust :sorry . Of course there's always something else to add. I have PMS just like so many of us on this site :D .
I would like to thank all the administrators, moderators, and Big K, our webmaster for making this the absolutely best, and I mean the BEST Ford diesel site on the web. :hail Keep it up and may there be many many more years ahead! :sweet

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
SuperDutyDiesel.com, man this looks cool ill check it out. That is how it all started, I was googling powerstroke diesels to see what i could find and somehow I ended up here..... When I was 16 years old my uncle called my dad to tell him that a buddy of his at work was selling his edge chip, long story short our 2004 king ranch superduty ended up with an edge juice w/ attitude monitor and lots of power. I was so amazed at what the chip could do and since I was already driving our 95 powerstroke dually to school everyday, powerstroke diesel became a big deal. In August of 2006 my dad purchased a 2003 ext. cab 4x4 powerstroke for me, I know im one spoiled kid, anyway that is when I really began to fall in love with diesels. I knew that I wanted to take the cat and muffler off, so the day I got the truck we strait piped the exhaust. Within a month I also had an edge w/ attitude monitor, I also put on stainless side steps, tinted the windows, put in a tool box, and knew that I wanted cab lights. After searching around I decided on smoked cab lights from recon and that is probably my favorite mod. yet. I love the way they look on the truck, they put a smile on my face everytime I look up. I took a break form the mod world for about three months and that is when I was doing a lot of searching for new stuff. When I was searching powerstrokes as I said earlier I found superdutydiesel.com and 90+ posts later, here I am. Since becoming a member I have used thoughts and suggestions from many people to improve my powerstroke. I have swaped wheels with the king ranch, put in a turbo-dual exhaust system, and just the other day I put in the high-idle mod.

I cannot possibly put into words what this site can do for someone, where I am form there isn't really anyone to talk to about diesels. I look forward to sitting in front of my computer and reading up on the latest from everyone. I am begining to feel like family and that is exactly what the members of this site represent. We are all part of a family that gets on our computers and types what is on our mind. This place is not just for discussion about superduties and powerstrokes, but a place for each of us to feel a comfort we cannot get elsewhere. This is the first site I have ever been a member of and I don't have a desire to search anywhere else. The people who have worked countless hours to maintain and opperate this site are truly amazing people and I am honored to be a part of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58