Anniversary Celebration!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

6LMonster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This site is very helpful in all things Diesel! I love the fact that we can get info on how to make our trucks blow more, thick, black smoke into the little rice burners with the loud stereo's!!:roflmao

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
OK, i'll bite, but keep in mind, i'm not as profound a writer as some on here.

cant really remember how i stumbled upon SDD.com. but anyways, im glad i did. i am not one to just sit in front of the computer and look for stuff (like my wife :sly ), but since i have been a member at SDD.com, i find myself on here alot.

its very addictive, fun, educational, etc. i have learned alot from other members here, that have helped me be a better powerstroke owner, and even a better person. there are lots of diff. personalities on here (like bushpilot for instance, :roflmao :roflmao , :sorry bush, i just had to say that) and everyone of the members has made me feel welcome on here.

sure, we all disagree about stuff from time to time, but in the end, its all good and fun.

i have come to make some good friends, not just because we may own the same brand of truck, which is what brought most of us here to begin with, but i now and believe in my heart, that if i was traveling the roads, and needed help, i could call on my SDD.com brothers to come help me out (i dont know about rich tho, he scares me sometimes :roflmao :roflmao , just kiddin rich)

it has also afforded me the opportunity to meet some of the members in person. like: powerboatr (he looks older than 42 yall, dont let him fool ya) jharvey the mad photographer, and also drchris (who i had the pleasure of transporting his new 2004 F250) and i hope to be able to meet many more in person.

i have been able to learn new things about my truck and about myself. all of us are diff in our own way, and i have learned that i can get along with the nicest of people, or with those who are hard-headed, or with those who are complete jerks sometimes.

i have been able to see where some of you live in the pictures that you post, and that has allowed me to see some beautiful parts of the this grand nation that we live in thru the eyes of others.

all in all, i am glad that i found this place, it has alot of colorful people here, it has alot of caring people here, it has alot of helpful people here, it has alot of people here that are good at telling you how to spend your money on your truck here :thumbs

congrats on the 2 year anniversary SDD.com, i hope you and i will be here for another 2 years and many more to come.

over and out,

stephen

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
first off i also would like to say congrats on making it 2 years and i know there will be many more years in the future.

Although i also cannot remember how i found this site, but all i can say is I LOVE IT!!! the other sites that i'm on don't give much info on the OBS trucks, but this site is one that i can definitely count on anytime i have a problem or just want some advise on some cool mods i can do to my truck. i have found out that there are more people around central texas that would like to start up central texas powerstrokes again and have also found some people around Dripping Springs, where i have lived ever since i can remember. i like to see that there are others that enjoy the OBS trucks as much as i do. i personally think that the OBS's have a style that in my opinion no other truck can match, no matter what you do to them.

all in all i like this site because the people on here are really nice and lend a hand to anyone who might need help with something. from helping me pick which color i want to paint my truck to helping me figure out if my injectors could possibly be going bad. oh yeah and can't forget the wiki files:thumbs . the wiki files have helped me do things to some of my friend's trucks and making me look smarter to them :cool: . i haven't been a part of this site for very long so i haven't been able to meet many members yet, but i can't wait to meet some of the guys from central texas at the powerstroke dinner April,21st. thanks to everyone who has helped me with my problems and good luck to everyone who enters.

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
What do I like about this site, and why do I come here?

I am a member of several forums that deal with the many interests I have, from computers, weather, amateur radio, travel and recreational vehicles, to of course my F-250 SuperDuty. I can truthfully say that this is the one site I enjoy visiting the most. We all share a love of our trucks. Some of us are real gearheads, some of us like to dress up our trucks, some just enjoy their older trucks. All of us share that common thread of being excited about our vehicles. But more important, there is a true sense of community here that i find lacking at just about every other internet site I visit. The people who post here take a genuine concern for the other people who post here.

In a lot of ways, it is like an extended family. We're all crazy about our trucks, but we also are happy to see when one of our own has a new addition to the family, we show our concern when a forum member becomes ill or has a family emergency or a job loss, and we express our sadness when tragedy befalls one of our members. It is the sense of community more than anything else that makes SuperDutyDiesel.com what it is.

We all have a common interest in the vehicle we drive, we solve problems that are brought up to the forum, and we share ideas on truck modifications, enhancements, and maintenance. But even more, we share a friendship, though many of us have never met in person. But I would wager that if any of the members of this forum raised up a call for help, the vast majority of the SDD membership would give the shirts off their backs to help.

There are other places I go to in my daily Internet travels. Some places are sterile, some combative, but none have the sense of community and fraternity that is seen daily on this forum. And THAT is why the SDD forum is my FAVORITE place on the web.

theBAT

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
As a teacher of our future leaders, I feel it is my absolute duty, to teach and influence the youth with everything that I know. The youth of today have been influenced by MTV and movies such as the Fast and the Furious. They are currently under the impression that imports with wings and body kits are the way to go. My students initially believed that diesel trucks were loud, slow, and smelly. Since then I began educating them from day one. I started off by parking my truck right outside our classroom window, so the students could see and appreciate the clean 1996 F350 crew cab, four by four. With this, I explained the importance of taking care of a vehicle, and how nice they can look even though it is an older truck. The students then asked why I have off-road lights and a grille guard. I explained to them, that I have bright lights to make sure animals can see the truck clearly at night, making the truck extremely environmentally friendly!
I get onto this site, so I can continue to find and retain as much information as possible about diesel trucks, and to educate myself and my students. Since joining the site, I have met great people and have found new ways to continue to educate my students with the benefits of owning a diesel truck. By adding a "4 inch exhaust system" to my truck, it will give it a nice throaty tone, which will warn small children that my truck is approaching. This will serve to be an extremely beneficial and important mod since I work at a school, and safety is a must! This will also increase fuel economy on the truck, saving valuable resources, which is often discussed in our classroom. By
getting the exhaust system, I can continue to educate and influence the young minds of the future. I will do my very best to make them want to be involved and save our hobby, and for some our livelihood.

Sincerely,
Your Humble Teacher (Mr. Lewis) a.k.a. Kev

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
OB has been a breath of fresh air ever since I joined three years ago. As a regular "over there" prior to joining OB, it was all I knew of diesel forums...the banning...the deletions...the censorship and gestapo style moderation. Then one day I was invited by a member "over there" to join over here. What I found was a welcome to all diesel brand owners, a smaller membership base, a freer style of moderation, the ability to post photos in replies and of course The Battlegrounds which metamorphosed into The Refinery and Girls Girls Girls, which speaks for itself. Then as more and more members from "over there" joined over here, a group of regulars formed who "knew" each other from "over there". Years later most of us are still here. That makes OB special.

Then a year later in April '05 SDD opened its doors and that's when I registered. Initially at OB there was much talk about the need for a Ford spin-off site. There were concerns about double posting and concerns that the Ford guys would leave OB. All of this speculation turned out to be nonsense. SDD has attracted a great caliber of membership who realize what a great site it is. Sure there are less members than "over there", but smaller can be better and is. SDD feels like old friends...although many of us have never met each other.

Keeping a 10+ year old truck with over 265K miles running like new is a challenge as parts wear out. Having a competent group of fellow OBS owners is comforting. That makes OB & SDD special.

Driving a diesel is special as is the ability to run it on various fuels like biodiesel. Converting a diesel to run on veggie oil is really special. Next month will be a year running WVO and it's a blast. Converting my truck turned out to be a great move. My first years were dedicated to modding, although I stopped short of Stage 1s and an intercooler. This past year has been the oiliest of my life. I dream and breath soybean oil. It's so bad I really think I have an oil problem. I can't get enough of it. I've ruined at least 10 pair of jeans and tee shirts. Two pair of sneakers are so oily I can't wear them in the house. I just wanna be an oil baron. Rudolf would be very pleased.

Nine pair of wvo jeans. I'm wearing the 10th. :D

This is also posted at OB

Last edited:

mowing man

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I do not remember how I found this site but there is a lot of great info here I do not have much time to visit as we are busy either driving a school bus or mowing grass or traveling to Germany to see inlaws or trying to keep up with my 83 year old dad I had a 99 F250 super duty ext cab LB 2 wd with 7.3 and wish to heaven that I had not traded it in it was stock and the fuel mileage was whole lot better than the 04 f250 the we have now only thing that I hate is the fuel mileage which averages about 9-10 pulling our GN 16FT landscaping trailer with our 2 tigers, 1 is a 61in Scag Turf tiger zero turn mower with a Kaw 29 DFI and the cat on steroids a SCAG Saber Tooth 72 in cut with a 3 cyl turbo charged Datasui diesel this mower loves grass the thicker the better it likes it . we have about 15 customers but 2 major one one being the local school dist with 5 campuses and the local city park and hwy ROW we basicly do it solo with the help of my wife who is the brains of the operation I am just the house husband but I am the man of the house I always have the last word:hail ( YES DEAR ): LOL .Back to my 04 it has been a great truck so far only 2 shop repairs so far . 1 was the fuel flter housing got cracked at my servicing dealer and then had the head gaskets anf EGR cooler replaced so only thing that I do not like about the truck is the poor fuel mileage :cussing: but will have to deal with it as I feel death ray glares from my wife any time I mention anything that has the slightest hint of wanting to trade trucks so I guess that if I want to live to be able to enjoy the golden years I try not to do anything that puts me into harms way . :sly Have a great day . and be sure and keep the dirty side down:thumbs .twj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58