Another 4R100 Cratered...

Blue01F250

Boomer Sooner!
Reaction score
Well, I wish I was as fortunate as RidgeRunner -- but our 01 lost its tranmission on Thursday, 2 hours from home. Went w/o warning. Apparently the early build 01's (thru 3/01) had some type of diode that Ford thought would help, and was quickly yanked from production... :rant

anyway, we had no reverse or 3rd or 4th gear...

was going to take out a loan for a built trans, but no can do - so, wish us luck on the used trans search to get the truck buy till we save up for a built trans...

oh, and my wife's car is not currently running as I was replacing all the front end drive and suspension parts... so as of the moment, I don't own a running vehicle... :dizzy

Last edited:

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your bad luck. Seams like it all happens at once.
Good luck on your hunting trip to find a good used one.

Blue01F250

Boomer Sooner!
Reaction score
haha, send him to Oklahoma.. I can't beleive how expensive these things are that AREN'T built... its crazy!!

Hopefully tomorrow I can find a good enough used one to get us by for a while.. if not, not sure what we're gonna get to do...

Blue01F250

Boomer Sooner!
Reaction score
welp, bought a used tranny for $915 (get to keep my broken one for a core in the future) and that includes tax and the cooler that was on the JY truck...

going to pay $300 to have it installed + have to purchase the trans fluid and we'll be back up and running... unfortunately I'm shelling out $1300 for a transmission that is really hardly any better than what we had..

its really hard to swallow just throwing that $$$ away like that... but hopefully it'll last till we can afford a built one and I can sell it as a running unit!

Wish me luck and hopefully the truck will be back home by the weekend

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck Blue hope that you get the tranny and truck and wife's car back up and running. Things will get better, they always come around in highs and lows.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14