Another bad turbo

03f2506.0

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I was at the Ford dealer trying to resolve my concerns about the reliability of my 2003 F250 with the 6.0 diesel. Just had the 2nd turbo put in after less than 1800 miles on the first one.The first replacement was at 13700 miles. I'am retired and only put on 5-6000 miles per year of mostly highway driving. This 2'nd turbo is an "updated turbo" with a taper on the ends of the vanes. Ford tech hotline said "that with low miles the vanes rust/seize". Service tech was told by the hotline that "I should drive it like I stole it". Prior to the 2 turbo replacements they have replaced 2 VGT's, 1 EGR, 1 EBP and 1 MAP. I have 2 more years on the 5 year/100,000 mile diesel warranty and my 3 year/36,000 mile warranty is up in mid July. Trying to get Ford to extend the 5 year diesel warranty because I don't look forward to $3500 turbo replacement bills. So far the Ford rep has offered $1000 towards a new '06 truck (big deal) or a 5year/75,000 mile entended care service plan. I already have 5 years on the diesel. I have had no problems with anything else, knock on wood. What I want is at lease 7 years on the diesel. Guess I got a lemon! I know there are 6.0's with no turbo problems out there and thats great but I'am sure I will think twice about buying another Ford product if they can't give a little. They know they have a problem with the 6.0 and Ford will not stand by their life long customers. This is my 3rd truck, '86 6.9 diesel is still running for my son with over 150k. Hope you guys have better luck.

Last edited:

cb5300

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I feel for you brother, I have a '06 F-350 dually and Ford has turned a blind eye to my problem....My '03 was fine after they replaced the turbo and computer...took them four times but finally got it right.

budtoh3zo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ford guy is right when they say u have to drive it like u stole it to keep the turbo happy. my turbo was acting up talked to them and drove it like that for a day and all problems went away.

Black_Mamba

I'm a Window Licker!!
Reaction score
I drive about the same mileage as you do. I only drive it on the weekends but when I do I lay into it getting on to the interstate once every weekend. All is well. Carbon build up on the exhaust side wheel will happen if you drive it for short distances alot or slow speeds or like we do don't drive it much.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58