another gauge question

SCOUT8ID

SCOUT8ID
Reaction score
I want to put some new Gauges int my stock 2008 350 6.4. I know that I am probably going to use a three gauge pillar mount. But want to see what other options I have. Does anyone have any preference to Analog or digital or any specific brand. I do plan to put in the Boost and Trans but am unsure what else to put in. The truck is a daily driver but will also be used for towing quads and Campers. I know that this is one of the first things that should be done as far as mods and that this subject has probably been beaten to death. But being new to diesels i just don't want to overlook anything.:confused:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The FIRST gauge should be the EGT (Exhaust Gas Temperature) gauge! This will tell you if you are about to melt a piston, which will result in catastrophic engine failure. The Boost gauge is mainly to impress your friends, but is useful. Tranny Temp is a good gauge also. I have analog gauges and the reason is that they are not tied to any computer or controller. Simplicity is the key to gauges.

Dave

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to put some new Gauges int my stock 2008 350 6.4. I know that I am probably going to use a three gauge pillar mount. But want to see what other options I have. Does anyone have any preference to Analog or digital or any specific brand. I do plan to put in the Boost and Trans but am unsure what else to put in. The truck is a daily driver but will also be used for towing quads and Campers. I know that this is one of the first things that should be done as far as mods and that this subject has probably been beaten to death. But being new to diesels i just don't want to overlook anything.:confused:

Exhaust Gas Temp (EGT), Boost psi and Trans temp are the 3 main things that need to be monitored on a diesel... If & When you make it do any Work.

Autometer seems to be a popular choice on SDD.. Your Call though.

Digital, verses Analog (?) is also your choice.

My .02's worth would be Analog. I like the "Real Deal".. not electronic. But again.. It's your choice.

It's What works for You.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score

What all these guys said. I just installed my autometer triple pillar gauges in my truck a few months ago. One of the best mods to do to yer truck. I got EGT, Trans temp and Boost. Those are the most common. They do make a quad gauge pillar too. I plan on doin some more gauges eventually. Autometer and ISSPRO seem to be the most popular. I see more autometers though than any other. I think the autometers look better than the ISSPROs. I've seen mixed reviews on the glowshift gauges. They look cool and with all the different colors you can change but reliability isnt as good as it seems. The price is definately cheaper. Check with the sponsors on this site. BUT sadly the cheapest place I found mine were at Jegs.

SCOUT8ID

SCOUT8ID
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I am looking into the Isspro (EV). I guess I'm going to go with the analog Pyro, boost 40# and Trans temp. Any advice on the thermocouple Ring terminals or Weatherpack? Diesel Manor has a Gauge kit that seems to have everything that I need.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14