Another gauge question

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
I am installing gauges in a E 350 6.0. Which manifold do you guys like to put the probe in? Also where is the best place to install the boost gauge feed?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I have used the bottom of the driver's exhaust manifold for the pyro probe. Just take it easy when you drill it out and you will be fine. I got the boost off of the elbow feeding the intake manifold, but you can use the MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor) if you can find it. I show it behind the Oil Filler tube next to the valve cover. It has a wire connector and a hose connected to it. Tee off of the hose for the boost guage.

Dave :grin

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
Thanks Dave, since it is a van I can get right to the rear of the motor through the cab either manifold would be easy to drill and tap the probe, as for the boost gauge I am terrified because there is no acess to the 6.0 through the hood and very limited through the rear. I will attempt the install tomarrow.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Sorry I don't have the DVD for the Vans, just the trucks. You may be able to get to the MAP from inside the Van under the dog house.

Dave

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
MAP

Does the map sensor have 3 wires going to it? And then connects to a manifold right above the right valve cover? If so I believe I found it.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I can't tell by the drawing, but it is two or three wires. It should be the only sensor that has a rubber hose going to it. This is not fuel hose.

Dave

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
SWEET

:sly Well they are all in. I got nervous at 10:00 pm last night when I hooked the boost up and it didn't work. Today after I hooked up the pyro and drove it both worked as sweet as could be. :thumbs Could someone come and pry me out of the drivers' seat? I then had make a comparison drive in the 02 duramax we have, as to which will get killed by the new 6.0L :ford. The 6.0 sounds better, shifts harder and will absolutely kill the 6.6 dmax.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58