Another new excursion owner

pinnacle

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Want to say you guys have a great site. I been a member for a few years now but only came by once in a while because I no longer had a ford product. I wanted a Excursion for a while now with a growing family there is just not enough room in any car or crew cab truck for any more that 5 persons. I was lucky and found a 2002 PSD 7.3 limited 4x2 with low miles 87000 and the interior was in great shape. Will post pictures soon, I need to do some improvements to the engine, suspension, and etc. Here is what I found on your site to do.

1. change oil filter ( whats a good one and where to purchase it )
2. change air filter to a K&N style
3. replace fuel fillter ( what's a good one.)
4. change out fluids , oil, coolant, and maybe brakes ( need advise )
5. brake upgrade and maybe rotors if needed
6. need to change shocks ( rancho model # ? )
7. front and rear sway bars ( hellwig )
8. camshaft sensor ( Friend advise )
9. aftermarket exhaust 4" or 5"
10. aftermaket floor mats

If there is any thing I missed please drop me a quick reply. Will be updating my sig.

Thanks,

Pinnacle

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Welcome to SDD Pinnacle.

I can't speak for the 7.3's on the upgrades you are looking for, but there are lots of knowledgable owners here that can help you get rid of your cash QUICK!

jestersv

7.3 addict
Reaction score
2x on k&n... 4 in exhaust is more than enough unless going for high horses... you may open a whole can of worms changing trany fluid now if it has not been done already( i'll get beat up on this one) drive it a little while then start the upgrades you don't have any apples to compare if you jump into the upgrades start with gauges and go from there.

Last edited:

mille-ryan

Loco Parts Changer
Reaction score
First off welcome, I come out of the shadows now and again.The camshaft sensor is a recall I think,maybe that was TPS.The swaybar isnt a must,I tow all the time and never felt the need for one.You wont need a 5" exhaust unless your plannin on a lot of engine mods, go with a four and do a 5", or if ya like big holes,lol, do a 6" tip.Im with the DIY dept too, if you can fab some up eaier and save a lot o money then do it.Check the wiki articles I know they havent been added too in a while, but have lots of good info.

pinnacle

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to give an update with my new X. Took the family to Destin florida this pass week but before the trip had some work performed on the X. Here is listed of what I did:

1. Change the oil and filter use shell oil and motorcraft filter
2. Change the air fillter motorcraft
3. Change the fuel filter motorcraft
4. New tires Mich LT 265/75/r16
5. Had to have alignment new cams installed
6. Had new shocks all the way around KBY brand
7. brake job with new pads and turned rotors, flushed oil brake fluid.

What a big differance in ride with just the new shocks. The break in trip was a little over 600 miles about 9 hours drive. This is the best rig I ever drove for a long trip. Tracked right down the road with very little input for steering. Huge amount of room for wife, kids, and luggage. The seats are great much better that my 2007 Dodge truck seats. Love the auto setting for the A/C. This is one trip makeing machine, I filled up in Houston and still had 1/4 tank left in Destin. What is the capcity of this fuel tank? Is it 40 or 44 gallons when I filled up it had a little less than 1/2 tank. When full the meter read 805 miles to empty. I got almost 20 MPG on this trip we went tagged along with 4 other cars going with us to Destin and they could not belive that we did not need any fuel. We got there about hour in front of them. Will keep you posted on any more changes or upgrades.

Pinnacle:clap:

JRJ04

Reaction score
wow thats great! glad to see you're getting such good mileage. how fast were you driving? tank has a 44 gallon capacity.

pinnacle

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Was keeping at 70-75 mph just at posted speed limit. Was scared of smoky the bear.

pinnacle

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I seem to missing the DIESEL OWNER'S GUIDE SUPPLEMENT for the 7.3 powerplant for a 2002 excursion. Is there any out there for sale or is there a copy here on this forum.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58