Another Oil Leak, Oil in Valley, etc.

94redbeauty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, didnt want to hijack that other thread going, but looking at my turbo pedistal I can see oil has been coming down it, and there is oil in the valley draining off the back of the block, what should I be looking for as to tighten, replace, etc....thanks.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
do you mean at the bottom where the EBPV piston connects? I had it there too and washed it off to see how quickly it returned. Oddly, it didnt. I had had my valve wire disconnected for several months and there has been discussion on leaks coming from the pedistal when the rod is disconnected or unplugged. I plugged mine back in and it has not leaked since.

Try washing it off and seeing if/where it starts again. It's not much but it's something to look at.

94redbeauty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive done that, and I dont know if its just from vibration but there is oil in front puddled of HPOP, in back puddled, and can tell that its ran down the pedistal, so I dont know if the EBPV is leaking and then moving all over the valley or what...I was gonna hook up a DIY exhaust brake, think that would stop it from leaking if it was or are there O rings that go bad? :dunno

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
there are o-rings in the pedestal. Dont know if they randomly go bad or not but here is a pair you can order for $13. Dont know if you can get them from a local shop or not.

Your leak sounds significant. Im not much help but that link will get you o-rings if that turns out to be the problem. Good luck. SOrry I cant be more help.

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
94redbeauty said:
Ive done that, and I dont know if its just from vibration but there is oil in front puddled of HPOP, in back puddled, and can tell that its ran down the pedistal, so I dont know if the EBPV is leaking and then moving all over the valley or what...

Clean it all off again and isolate all the leaks. If it's puddled at the front that normally is NOT from the EBPV.

KansasDiesel

fly'n low on WVO
Reaction score
As JOAT said Isolate it, I have had in the last 6 mos, the top and bottom pedistal o-rings leaking, and recently the EBPV actuator. I take mine down to the car wash and high pressure the valley. It some times took me driving 5 miles at a time to see exactlly where the leak was coming from.

If you do the pedistal do all the o-rings, top and bottom, or you will be doing it later, or you could be like me and do the turbo o-rings 3 times :roflmao not my fault the the rebuilt turbo and pedistal were warped.

Think about gutting the actuator and sealing it for good. DieselSite has a rebuild kit for around $115 I decided to stop the leak forever with a 45 cent plug.

94redbeauty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Kansas, the O rings under the breather on the drivers side valve cover are blown out so oil is leaking out of there as well, ordered the O rings, of course completely wrong, send me some round one with an edge a another tiny thing, so yeah gotta run around town trying to find that. After that I am gonna whipe er down completely and see where its coming from, I guess if its not coming from the sides or the turbo its the HPOP :cool:

KansasDiesel

fly'n low on WVO
Reaction score
I had to use some good sealant when I did the breather o-rings, I finally put worm clamps on the little hose going to the intake so I wouldn't have to remove that breather assy anymore.

Also one of the first leaks I had was the HighPressure oil line going into the heads, those o-rings were leaking.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14