another project gone bad

cstewart

Cameron
Reaction score
my left front hub has been making some horrible noises and grinding real bad here the past few days and my four wheel drive didnt work so i just automatically assumed it was the locking hub.i pulled it all apart this morning but when i pulled the hub assembly off the axle came out with it, ive tried everything and i cant get it out. i also took the snap ring off the outer of the hub where u lock it in at and i cant get that part off either, am i missin something is there a certain way u gotta do it?

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Did you take this snap ring loose?

Tbar

cstewart

Cameron
Reaction score
not sure what had happened but it was just wedged in there probably from all the mud and sand but i got it out now so its good to go . . thanks

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Something is not right. How can you pull the axle out with the hub assembly still on the axle? Can't be done. The knuckle part of the axle will not go though the spindle. Or am I not reading this right???

Dave :dunno:dunno

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Something is not right. How can you pull the axle out with the hub assembly still on the axle? Can't be done. The knuckle part of the axle will not go though the spindle. Or am I not reading this right???

Dave :dunno:dunno

sounds to me like the hub fell out of the the races

cstewart

Cameron
Reaction score
hey daveben are u sayin that i should not have been able to pull the axle out of the housing through the spindle with the hub off? ive been thinkin about what u said and im not sure i understand. and yes that large expensive seal is toast lol i think i found it somewhere for like $80 maybe . . if anyone has any part numbers or know where to get one i'd appreciate it. . or if anyone knows any hints that'll help change it lol

cstewart

Cameron
Reaction score
is it the seal causin it to be too big to go through the knuckle if so that would make sense cause my seal is messed all up:dunno . .if so that means to install a new axle shaft u would have to pull of the steering knuckle to get the old one out?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58