Another reality check.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We received a call yesterday that the wife of my best friend died, so we came back to Redding today. Life is so short, enjoy each and every day. She just turned 60, way to young to die. We plan to go back to the coast after the funeral. It is very comfortable there, in the high 60's. 111 here in Redding today.
Somehow the temperature is not important at this point.
I hope everyone is doing fine.

Maxtor

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
sorry to hear about the loss of a good friend Max.

its been hot and humid here in N. AL for awhile now.

doin good over here in the south. be good out there on the left coast buddy

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Max. Have a safe trip back out west. That is too young and life is too short. In TaeKwonDo they teach us to ask ourselves the following every day:

Where are you at? Here What day is it? Today What time is it? NOW

Elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your friend. :(
And this is exactly why I'm taking some time off. Five years is the current plan.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone.

All of us have or will go through the same thing with time. We were fortunate to be able to retire early, but most of our friends are still working. Even when Marie was diagnosed with terminal cancer, she still had to work up until two months before she died.
It is sad to see young people working two and three jobs to make ends meet, and still not get health insurance from their employer.
If I were "king" there would not be any foreign aide until every person in the USA had health coverage.
Most of our friends can not retire because they need to work to pay for health insurance.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that Carolyn and I are both retired the health insurance cost is unreal, sure glad that I am a vet, that helps some.
Some people have never learned to live on what they make. Everyone has to have a new $350.000 home and two new cars to drive back and forth to there two jobs that they both hate. They come home so wiped out they don't have time to love each other, because she has to fix something to eat for supper and he has to go and mow the yard or change oil in a car or truck.
Can't afford to take it somewhere to have it done. OK, I am climbing down off of this box now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58