Another tire failure on the dually??

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
The tires are all Hankook brand
frankly, I think that's your problem, right there.
I don't know who they blew to get that OE contract, but I take an absolute BUTTLOAD of them off at very low mileage for very upset customers because they're worn out, are out of round, have manufacturing defects, etc... They have a screwy warranty policy too... You have to pull them off, and send them back to Hankook in Asia, and if they feel like giving you a concession, they send it to you eventually.

Meanwhile, what do you do? Drive a five-legged truck?

Guys that sell these Nitto's and Toyo's and the rest of this Asian junk, I don't see how they can sleep at night KNOWING that the tire company's warranty policy intentionally screws the consumer.

Stick with a major brand. Goodyear, Firestone/Bridgestone, Michelin... you might pay more for the product, but those Asian tire manufacturers have got your number. You might as well buy a couple extras to begin with, because you'll end up needing them.

Where are your savings then?

Last edited:

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Well, JL, I'd guess they 'blew' somebody at good 'ol Ford Motor Company. They are O.E. on several models in FMC's line-up. 7th largest tire manufacturer in the world. :dunno

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JLD -

where do you think the MAJOR BRANDS are produced...just cause
its a familar name dont BET it isnt out sourced !

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
frankly, I think that's your problem, right there.
I don't know who they blew to get that OE contract, but I take an absolute BUTTLOAD of them off at very low mileage for very upset customers because they're worn out, are out of round, have manufacturing defects, etc... They have a screwy warranty policy too... You have to pull them off, and send them back to Hankook in Asia, and if they feel like giving you a concession, they send it to you eventually.

Meanwhile, what do you do? Drive a five-legged truck?

Guys that sell these Nitto's and Toyo's and the rest of this Asian junk, I don't see how they can sleep at night KNOWING that the tire company's warranty policy intentionally screws the consumer.

Stick with a major brand. Goodyear, Firestone/Bridgestone, Michelin... you might pay more for the product, but those Asian tire manufacturers have got your number. You might as well buy a couple extras to begin with, because you'll end up needing them.

Where are your savings then?

I'm with JLD.. He said it all, Right there.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Bridgestone/Firestone North America tire, LLC. A wholly ownes subsidiary of Bridgestone Americas Holding, LLC. The company is based in Tokyo, Japan. They produce tires across the globe.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bridgestone/Firestone North America tire, LLC. A wholly ownes subsidiary of Bridgestone Americas Holding, LLC. The company is based in Tokyo, Japan. They produce tires across the globe.

Kinda Off Topic but.. What >IS< "MADE IN AMERICA" these dayz ?? Very Little.. Sad to say.

A Tire, (in this topic/case) may SAY it's MADE IN AMERICA, but it probably, and more correctly.. is ASSEMBLED IN AMERICA.

Very, Very little is >MADE< in any Country anymore. All Pieces'n Parts it takes to manufacture or assemble anything, comes from All Over The World these dayz. A big Change*, for some of us.

But, we CAN buy American Brand Named Products, If we choose too. I do. (as much as I can anyway)

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Well, that was my point. I do my best to buy USA when its possible and feasible. But now its to the point where you buy a Chevy-Dodge-Ford truck and your getting a collection of sub-assemblies, best deal sourced parts, and alot of compromises. I'm fully aware of the situation. What really sucks is that there are alot of products you can't buy anymore in the USA, even if you were willing to pay a premium. Example: Levi's. Now made in Mexico is as close as you'll get for them. But people still buy them. :dunno

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14